Hello,

How can i incorporate move ai into grid battle? I've created and enabled Move Ai, however the monsters are staying in spawn point until player gets close enough to trigger provoked status from Battle Ai.

I would like to have my monsters move around the map from way point to way point.
  • Move AI isn't used in grid battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was going through this, and realized my "provoked" style node was firing, but not moving onto the next battle AI.

Do you have any suggestions for improving roaming? I've currently got a few tiles throughout the map of Cell Type: POI then a Grid Move node that moves to the farthest available node unless a player comes within 3 cells.
    However, this is still causing some bunching to happen.
    Example below is where my enemies spawn, and where they end up after a lengthy time.

• edited June 14
    Hi @fourscoopsplease

I used a combatant variable and a fork in the battle ai to see which poi cell type that combatant is heading for. Then check if they are standing on it and if so change the variable to the opposite side of the map so they change direction. Can use a range on the target cell so they don't have to stand exactly on top of it, that way they don't block each other from changing variable

I also did some that simply use random on the grid move node instead of cell type target and they actually roam randomly fairly well but my maps are not restricted as much.

I also have chance nodes so sometimes they will skip a turn moving. And on my stationary non roamer ai they have a small chance to move each turn to mix it up

I use a Use attacked by node then check target count, along with the check grid distance so if player runs away after attacking the mob doesn't lose agro
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • Well, the Grid Move battle AI node has the Random move type available to move to a random cell within move range. Maybe use that instead or alternate between random and POI cell movement.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!