edited July 8 in ORK Support
I want to implement the feature:combatant has status value ,like Agility. when combatatn A attack combatant B. if A Agility is greater than B, A attack B then B counter attack A. but if A Agility less than B. B counter attack A then A attack B
Post edited by joywayer on
  • For this you'll have to manually handle counter attacks as part of your attack schematics instead of using the built-in system.

E.g. using a Check Value node to check the combatant's agility stats against each other and use the counter attack before or after the rest of the action based on that.
    You can use the Use Battle Action node to add actions as Sub Action of the ongoing action, i.e. it'll have no impact on the battle order and you can wait for the counter attack to finish before handling the rest of the attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 3
    Thank you for your reply.but how can i get target combatant status and target counter attack
    Post edited by joywayer on
  • I really like the idea of this. Makes Agility a viable defense.

I believe you would use a StartingObject check against a MachineObject

so something like this
    CheckValue node
    Value: Combatant -> Status Value

Then depending on your check (greater than or less than) your success and failed states will be the rest of your attack animation or a UseBattleAction node followed by the rest of your attack action.

something like the below

• OHHHHHH!!!!Thanks alot, it works!
  • I met another problem. How do I know how much damage a unit attack. a unit kill which unit and killed by which unit
  • There's a little bit of a problem with this.enemy will counter attack player then player attack enemy when player Agility less than enemy.but player attack enemy only, enemy will not counter attack player when player Agility more than enemy. wait for you reply.please
  • joywayer said: I met another problem. How do I know how much damage a unit attack. a unit kill which unit and killed by which unit
    Answered that in your separate thread :)
    joywayer said: There's a little bit of a problem with this.enemy will counter attack player then player attack enemy when player Agility less than enemy.but player attack enemy only, enemy will not counter attack player when player Agility more than enemy. wait for you reply.please
    You need to do the same check again at the end of the ability, using the counter if the check succeeded.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • sorry. i do it. but attack and counter attack add to actio loop.like this.Not working as expectedimage
  • Could you please give me an example
  • edited July 4
    What's the setup of your Use Battle Action node?
    It should use Add Action set to Sub Action and disable Check Time (and maybe enable not use use costs and time consume).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you. i solved the problem. I realize that Attack and Counter Attack must not be the same ability.
  • Ah, yeah - should have thought of that.
    If both use the same ability, both would use the same schematics and counter attacks could be countered, etc.
  • Yeah! thanks for your help.i have many question in another topic.wait for your reply