edited September 2014 in ORK Scripting
Would it be possible to set a pseudo-player-AI? Much like how the tutorial describes in:

http://orkframework.com/game-tutorial/2013/10/22/17-enemies-and-battle-ai/

...but instead of just pre-determined algorithms, it takes in player input for attacks and I write up an array or similar to store the said actions (attacks, potions, etc) as 'Abilities' in the ORK AI.

So during battle, the player prefab carries out it's own 'AI', which was stored, with its contents/actions decided by the player.

Or perhaps there is another way around it? I was thinking along the lines of a rock/paper/scissors game type with a pre-decided AI rather than having to choose input 'Live'.

EDIT: Also, I've looked at the active time battle tutorials. It's a little off topic, but what does this line mean?

"The active time battle optionally allows selecting multiple actions and performing them in sequence"

Would multiple actions from a single character work?
Post edited by chiro on
  • No, I don't think that's currently possible, but you can use the Battle AI like in the tutorial also for player combatants and let them be controlled by them. Also, you can use the AI for Auto battle commands.
    How/where would the player input be, in battle or more like equipping/selecting abilities in the menus (before battle)?

The active time battle can also be set up to work similar to Final Fantasy XIII, where you could select multiple actions in your turn. This works if you set stuff like abilities and using items to not end the turn and instead only consume a part of the timebar.
    E.g. if the timebar maximum is 1000, you could use two actions that each use 500 of the timebar.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2014
    So what you're saying is that it is possible for me to set up the active time settings so that it only executes a list of actions upon 'clearing' of the time bar? i.e. similar to what you said, I set max timebar to 1000 and set actions to be 200 each, and only after choosing 5 actions and clearing the timebar will it execute all actions in sequence. Because I've tried a variety of setups for active time, and most of the outcomes were that the prefab/character has to complete his current action before allowing me to access the menu for the next action. Correct me if I'm wrong!

FYI its a single character and not multiple characters, so the scenarios will be 1 v 1.

And for the first half of your post, yes that is exactly what I need. So it is feasible to set up the AI for auto battle commands with the player input before/during battle without scripting?

e.g. Player can assign actions 'Action 1:Scissors, Action 2: Scissors, Action 3: Rock, Action 4: Paper' in a pre-battle menu, and that input will be taken into the AI for Auto Battle Commands and execute them in battle.
    Post edited by chiro on
  • You need to enable Multi Choice in the Active Time Battles settings. You'll have additional settings once this is enabled (e.g. when the actions will be used).

The Auto command will simply select actions based on the Battle AI set up for the combatant. It's currently not possible to let the player assign a sequence of actions before battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!