edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Can I show the individual faces of my battle party on the screen and change their faces to a skull if they die?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Using Combatant HUDs - you can display portraits (which can be added to the combatants with different portrait types) using the Portrait element type.
    Displaying different portraits can be done by using the Status Requirements to display elements.

Add two portrait elements, one showing the normal portrait, one the dead portrait - add a status requirement to both elements, the normal checks for not dead, the other for dead :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was wondering how to do that myself. Good timing Cat
  • I was wondering about how to do something like that myself. When you say "Displaying different portraits can be done by using the Status Requirements to display elements." To which part of the editor are you referring? I couldn't find a place to link the portrait to Status Requirement.

Secondly, would it be safe to presume that it could be used to display other status effects like 'Poisoned', 'Cursed' and so on? I've been looking for a away to display the various status effects placed on a combatant during combat.
  • Worked perfectly Gil. I have my dead portrait showing when the character dies!
  • @Squeaker
    You use the status requirements in the HUD Elements of your Combatant HUD.
    Displaying status effects is best done using the Status Effect HUD element in your combatant HUD :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Gil :)