Anyone here using turn based combat figured out the best way to do ranged attacks?
I've thought of a few ways to do it. However, I haven't figured out how to move the enemy closer each round (or allow the player for that matter). It may not be possible. (Think M&M 6, Wizardry 8 type of games)

Is ranged attacks even worth the effort in turn-based in a first person "blobber"? It can be used as part of your combat strategy;but, at the same time, it ends up as a way to dispatch an enemy with little risk to your party members (unless the enemy has a ranged attack as well).

Any thoughts on this subject?
  • You can move the battle spot (waypoint in the battle event) to make the enemies position change permanent and not letting them return to a previous position.

E.g. to knock him back, not only move the enemy back, but also his battle spot to make him stay there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmmm, didn't think of that. I'll play around with that suggestion and see what I can come up with. Thanks.