edited October 2014 in General Discussion
What do you use for a choice for animations in First Person Combatant Player Animations and Movement?

My player moves based on custom script---he has no other animations except through events to play a sound or a blood prefab.

It seems that I have to put something there--whether it's default or something else.

Would I just make a default player animation list that has no animations?
--------

And I don't want to use a Battle Menu to fight in real time battles.

I'd like the player to be able to tap an enemy of choice and then destroy it---not using a menu or auto attack---or cursor prefab---just touch it with his finger on mobile and then hit the attack hud--a sword to battle it.

No one seems to like menus to fight these days and I have to conquer this.

How can I do that? Can't seem to figure it out.

One more question---say a monster is coming at you in real time battle---and you are likely to die---can you escape using teleport to someplace else? Not a normal escape but a special escape using teleport? I imagine that would be a shortcut hud. : )

Thanks. Almost done with questions. : ) Hopefully.
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Well, you don't need to use animations at all - e.g. just use an animation setting without any added animations for your combatant.

You can use Group Targets or Individual Targets for your tab and attack mechanic. They're set up in Battle System > Battle Settings. They're used to select a target for the player group or the individual combatant you're controlling - used actions can be automatically targeted at them.

Teleport escape is possible, e.g. by either teleporting to a fixed scene and position, or by remembering a scene/position using the Set Scene Position step (which stores a position in the current scene, game variables or simply the Store Scene step.
    All of those can than be used to return there using Load Scene or if it's in the same scene, changing the player's position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!