• Mostly starting ORK events in Makinom schematics and Makinom schematics in ORK events.
    Also cross saving - i.e. saving ORK save game data with Makinom save game date (and the other way round) and stuff like that :)

On the long run, ORK's event system will also be updated with some of the shiny new stuff found in Makinom's node editor. At least what's possible without breaking compatibility to older projects.

Makinom is pretty powerful in regards of variables and nodes - there's local variable sharing, variable lists (will be handled in the upcoming 2D Roguelike tutorial series), local variables in formulas (will also come in ORK at some point), node layers, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2015
    what might be done in Makinom and then used in Ork once the plugin is ready
    Seconded, I'm also interested in the ways ORK and Makinom will interact with each other.

edit: Already explained by GiL in previous comment. :)
    Post edited by Gregorik on
  • So one would need to continue to use ORK for items, class, combatant etc. creation and storage? Not that I want to discontinue using ORK, just trying to get a mental image of where Makinom plays in the process of game creation. Granted, I will be checking out the tutorials and such, so please forgive my noob-like questions :)

Also, do we need to register for the forums on the Makinom site? Or can we post here for both? Just finding out what you would like us to do :)
  • Both are separate products, not really replacing each other. While you could also do RPGs with Makinom, ORK Framework is a lot less work for that, since it's specialized for it.

Makinom is an overall game development tool for all kinds of genres - controls, mechanics, logic, AI and other things can all be created with it.
    Using Makinom in addition to ORK will allow you to do more game mechanics that aren't possible using ORK's event system on it's own, because Makinom is a lot more powerful in that regard.

The forums on orkframework.com and makinom.com are the same, so you can log in with your user in both domains :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool :) Thanks! Will definitely be getting Makinom. It sounds like another asset that has been discussed here but much better :)

I think the key for us as users will be finding out when and where to use which tool for various situations.

You mentioned controls. Could Makinom replace ORK custom controls? Or at this point it may not no Makinom exists :)
  • edited June 2015
    Extremely exciting! As promised from the beginning, this is an insta-buy from me. c:
    Will there be a place for us to buy from you directly, to avoid the middle-man?

I'll also be eagerly anticipating the ORK plugin.

My next project after Dead Gear will definitely be based on Makinom.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Makinom is an overall game development tool for all kinds of genres - controls, mechanics, logic, AI and other things can all be created with it.
    So, with the risk of sounding a little controversial,
    Makinom = ORK + Plygame + Playmaker?
    or Makinom = Plygame?
    or Makinom = ?

I love ORK, but already have both Plygame and Playmaker.
    Will Makinom enhance ORK in ways that Plygame+Playmaker cannot? :)
  • Congratulations on your new product.
    After try Makinom , I like it , Two product aren't cross function, but can work each together, Due to RPG game is most complex, need more UI design. Personal developer most like develop small game, instead of rich RPG game, I have tried use ORK framework development run, shoot type game. Or Fish ,Angry Birds and Plants V.S. Zombies style, It can do just a little code ,I hope can see more simple game tutorials base on Makinom, 2D game are better.

Makinom, keep it simple. ORK focus on RPG, keep feature rich.

I hope random vector3, random index on array(random get a item from array) function :)

• Hope see schematics example about
    Background alternating movement.
    game view size setting, this let player on the region, Or just on terrain or map.
    Rondom instance game object from a prefab array,
    Or a example for "RPG Map Editor " https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/cn/#!/content/25657
  • edited June 2015
    Will there be a place for us to buy from you directly, to avoid the middle-man?
    I am also curios about this. I want to buy this (and possibly do it as soon as possible! :D ) directly from the site. :)
    Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • @Squeaker
    Yes, Makinom could replace custom controls - will be adding options to the upcoming plugin for that :)

@Kirb @Kaemalux
    No, decided to only go for Asset Store this time, majority of sales goes through there anyway and reduces my work on releases significantly if I don't have to maintain my own shop/send out the update as well :)
    I could start selling it instantly on my site and probably get some nice sales, but it'd force me to have 2 separate release chains for the upcoming years.

@Gregorik
    Yes, Makinom is something similar to playmaker and plygame - just doing it it's own way :)
    Since both ORK and Makinom are from the same source, the upcoming plugin will allow a more neatly integration of them in regards to e.g. playmaker.

@ZhaoYu
    That's already possible - every Vector3 field allows generating random vectors (using random sphere/rotation types), you can randomly get values from variable lists and spawn a random prefab from a list.

You can add resources (e.g. prefabs, audio clips, sprites) to a schematic, each resource can consist of multiple prefabs, audio clips, etc. - using them can be in sequence or randomly.
    Also, you can override those resources in the machines using the schematic. You can see examples in the game tutorial series.
  • Oh don't worry, if it is more work from you, i will surely go through Asset Store with no problems. :)
  • Seems pretty cool! Will definitely buy when it's up in the store. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Want to try something more complex with Makinom?
    The 2D Roguelike tutorial series is now complete :)

• edited June 2015
    so buyign this when it comes out along with the add on

any chance for a simple multiplayer demo to look at? just to see the work flow
    Post edited by wtyson on
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames