edited February 2014 in ORK Support
I'm looking to include a feature in my project whereby I can change a character's class using the game's menu, retaining learned skills along the way.

I know that this is possible through the event system (ie. I could have a 'class-changing NPC'), but I can't seem to find anything in the menu editor that would allow me to do this?
Post edited by NewRealityGames on
// www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Yeah, I just looked and I can't see a way to achieve this either at the moment. I was going to suggest a global event attached to a menu item but, yeah, seems to be no way to change it via events.
    Perhaps a 'change class' event function for the player would be a good idea.
  • Yeah perhaps so. I'm thinking of utilising some sort of temple or something that allows a character to assign classes. I expect it'd be pretty easy through the event system and branching dialogue, as long as I don't have too many characters, haha.
  • You can change the class of a combatant using abilities, items and the event system (Status Steps > Change Class).

Now, the menu system's Button List part allows adding menu items which can call global events. A global event is nothing else than a game event available throughout the whole game, so you can create a class change event, add it to a global event and use that global event in a menu screen :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for that GiL!

I tried setting up an equipment-based class changing system (the character equips an orb) but at the time I didn't know that changing class changes all your equipment.

So I've compromised and gone for items that are not consumed when using them, having noted that there is a 'change class' option in regular item settings.

Where there's a will, there's a way! I've also compromised on my 'pet' system too, so I won't be hassling you any more about that ;)
  • Just let me know if you need any feature :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!