You need a tutorial on a specific topic?

Post your tutorial request here!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • You've done a great job with the tutorials so far, so I feel a bit greedy requesting these, but I'd love to see:

-- Mechanim animation tutorial - showing both how to properly set up the states,transitions and parameters in the Animator Controller so that the Controller can be properly called by ORK 2, and then how to set up the actual calling in the ORK database.

-- Complicated dialogue tree example -- showing dynamic content based on player attributes, and branching based on player choices and game state

-- Quest tracking and Quest Log (UI) example

-- Setting up a cinematic cut-scene

• -- Mechanim animation tutorial - showing both how to properly set up the states,transitions and parameters in the Animator Controller so that the Controller can be properly called by ORK 2, and then how to set up the actual calling in the ORK database.
    Maybe someone who already did this can share their insight with us :)
    I'd wait for Unity 4.3 - this will be a lot easier once we're able to directly call a Mecanim animation, without going through the parameter driven animations ...
    -- Complicated dialogue tree example -- showing dynamic content based on player attributes, and branching based on player choices and game state

-- Quest tracking and Quest Log (UI) example

-- Setting up a cinematic cut-scene
    Sure thing, this will all be part of the game tutorials, so just wait until we get there :D

Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hurrah - sounds good! :)
  • I second the dialogue tree, quest tracking and cut scenes ;)
    I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • I second the mecanim request, i am not able to activate a simple param bool using the ork2 system. :(
  • And after all that, I would love to see a tutorial on moving cameras around. I can move them, but just can't seem to move them to where I want them at all.
  • @Shadow_Fire
    You can use the ORK Scene Wizard to create camera positions more easily. Position a game object and a camera how you want the camera to look at the object, click on Create Camera Position - you'll see the settings and will be able to do some additional settings. After that, click on Create Camera Position and it'll be added to your camera positions and the ORK Framework editor opens.
    Remember to click on Save Settings in the editor :)
  • That could work. I'll try that.

Ahh, after testing it, it's still not working for me. I'll create a new thread and ask you about it. Don't want to spam this tutorial requests thread with my insignificant problems.
  • Tutorial for hack n' slash realtime WoW look and feel type RPG. Action bars, select enemies with mouse, selection rings on characters, nice inventory and character stat GUIs, etc,

Thanks,

BTW awesome framework. So much to learn.
  • A more in-depth tutorial on variables. I know the concept of it, but not sure what uses I can get out of it since the framework itself seems to do a lot of things for storing information.
  • Are there any tutorials for real-time combat for either ORK1 or 2?
    I've been trying to get real-time battles working for the last day with no luck. I always go into turn-based combat. So, I'm certain I've missed something somewhere.
  • @keyboardcowboy
    Did you select the Real Time battle system in the Battle Component's inspector?
    In ORK 2, every battle defines it's own battle type :)
    The real time tutorials will come soon, after the active time ones.
  • A tutorial for more indepth variable use tutorial such as how to use game variables to make things happen in the world. Such as a tutorial to make day/night/time system. At the moment I don't really understand how to use game variables that well to do such things and an example of how to do things that I can learn from and build on would be nice. At the moment I'm trying to do a simple thing such as making a cube appear invisible until a variable is set to 1 but no luck. I imagine a more indepth tutorial for such a thing I suggested would allow me to learn more the ins and outs of their usage as I've read the documentation already provided but still can't get it down.
  • Finally had some time to mess with ORK again. Found the real time battle settings. I was able to get it to work.
  • @Loopdaloop
    Will come in the game tutorials after finishing up the battle stuff :)