• wondering if you could do a vid on the equipment child linking or a better tutorial since i cant seem to get it to work for the life of me :P
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • I don't know if this needs to be in feature or tutorial request.

An AP or Attack gauge tutorial in Turn Based.
    Turn ends when you gauge is empty or when end turn yourself.

Imagine if a basic attack costs 3AP and your AP gauge is 30AP, that means that you can use that attack 10 times in order for your turn to end.

• @Wiseland
    That's currently not possible. Turn based only allows one action per turn, however, you can do something like this in active time battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Active time battles is also great!

Would be awesome if there was some explanation for that.
  • There's not much explanation needed for this - the game tutorials cover the basic active time battle stuff. For having multiple actions, there are simple options to enable in the active time battle settings, and you can set the timebar used for actions in abilities, items and the active time battle settings (for basic actions, e.g. defend).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: There's not much explanation needed for this
    Yeah, not for that particular feature, but in general the ORK tutorials are seriously lagging behind, and stil not cover any or all advanced features.
  • edited July 2015
    @Gregorik i beg to differ the tuts go above an beyond what you just stated all the harder stuff should come naturally or you could just ask for help on this forum.. that is what its for.. you cant really expect GIL to make a tut for every situation... if you look at other packages you will see the tutorials are pretty lacking. To be honest here GIL Does a hell of a job he puts up tuts on things that alot of people ask for or by request in the request a tutorial section some of the tuts come from the community... you wont fine many people who will make a full game series to help you with all the basics so you can expand from there. advanced features should be done by trial an error an if your stuck just ask an you will get an answer. so saying he is lacking in tutorials on stuff is a little over the top since its not in any which way ..... ( not trying to be mean )

Sorry for over stepping my bounds but im not going to let some one degrade one of the hardest working unity developers out there for no good reason...
    Post edited by wtyson on
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Okay, I will look into that... I got all of the time now. Thanks, GiL!
  • edited July 2015
    wtyson said: im not going to let some one degrade one of the hardest working unity developers out there for no good reason
    OK for the record I'm basically an Ork and GiL fan (whatever that means :D ), and certainly wouldn't "degrade" the developer in any form. Am creating a highly specialized vampire game with it, but it's not my style to spam the forums with nagging questions, hence special tutorials would often come in handy. But as you say, I'll manage.
    Post edited by Gregorik on
  • Hi Gil,
    Can you make a Battle View/Camera positions Tutorial? Right now I'm really confused on how that works.
  • @Glegend
    You can use the Scene Wizard to create camera positions by using game objects in your scene view. That's probably the easiest way to get positions right :)
  • I don't think this one has been requsted yet: how to update our project when either a version of ORK or a version of Unity is released?
  • @Dark_Ansem
    Just update ORK or Unity - I'd recommend keeping a backup of your Unity project before updating, at least when updating to a new major Unity version (e.g. 5.1 to 5.2).
  • Can we get updated tutorials to include the new content in the framework and unity? An example would be "02. The main menu". Last updated August 2013.

I would like to use the new UI and I am finding it to be the largest hurdle right now with the framework. The "How tos" section is a good primer, however something more in depth would be really helpful. The main menu tutorial doesn't even acknowledge that there is a new UI system let alone tell the user how to utilize it efficiently. I honestly spend most of my time fumbling about trying to translate an out of date tutorial and playtesting changes over and over until something looks "okay". It's incredibly time consuming and frustrating to say the least.

I like the new color coded layout and I think it goes a long way in clearing a lot up. It just that there is a quality of life update that is needed for the gametuts. Specifically the starting ones. More specifically for me, the UI stuff as that has seen significant changes in the last year or so.
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • edited January 2016
    for the tutorials i request there to be lots of pictures. I am not sure if what i am looking at is correct or not and just by adding more pictures that would be cured. I just bought the frame work and I am trying to go through the tutorial. It looks like what is on youtube is not the same as what is on the web site. the youtube has the menus and skins already set up while the tutorial takes you through on how to do those. I love that but i am struggling with knowing which box or where the tutorial is talking about
    Post edited by Lindx on