• Is it possible to have a step in Events (Battle events also) and Battle AI that returns the number of found objects? Like "if x with name/tag... >=< than value/formula" (formula would be perfect) and has a success/fail step.
    I suppose it would be really useful in situation like battle event or battle AI: i would need it in some fights were the Boss keep spawning monsters only if the number is lower to a certain value...
    Thanks ^_^
  • @Kaemalux
    In battle AIs, there already is the Check Target Count step to check the number of found targets. Also, you can use the Check Status step to check the group size (e.g. of the combatant itself).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I noticed that step, but how can i check the exact number of found object? I didn't notice a search step in Battle AI and i cannot set "Found objects" as target count inside the Check step... Sorry if i didn't understand it well but i cannot make this mechanic works. ^^

About group size, isn't it the player group size you set in game settings? I thought it was a fixed number, is it related to single battle group size? (Like i have 3 enemies alive, and i gives back 3 as value?)
  • There are no found objects in the battle AI, they're only available in events (and only in the one event that finds them).
    The Check Target Count step in battle AIs checks the number of found targets (e.g. due to Check Status steps in the AI).
    The group size check in Check Status steps will check the number of members in the group or battle group of the used combatant. Remember that only the player group's battle group is limited in size (and you could have less members in it). If you're fighting 3 enemies, the (battle) group size of them will be 3, unless they're in separate groups.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

I cannot really make this work... I have this steps that "should" check the number of combatants in boss group but it always gives failed result. I changed all the options: self/ally, battle group yes/no, greater/equal... No luck. :(

Taking advantage of the thread, do you think you could add in future a step that check the number of found objects with name/tags in step? ^^

• Your added combatants are probably each in their own group, make sure to add them to the user's group when using a Join Battle step.
  • Under Battle Menus-> Description Settings, would it be possible to have something like a Use Requirement or Toggle Key set up for whether the description box should be displayed? Something that would allow for the player to turn on and off the Descriptions as they see fit during the battle.

My new testers like having it up all the time so they know more about what they're choosing, but the ones who have been around for a while have been asking for a way to close it at will, since most of the time they know what they're doing now.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited August 2015
    Adding those to feature requests :)
    1. Add option Disable showing inactive choices in battle menu. For example, if combatant can't cast ability - do not show it in menu at all.
    2. Add prefab to highligth current acting combatant in Turn-Based battle. - Already found way to make it using scripts
    3. Group management window:
    a. Specify which group I want to edit (probably in event or something like this) and specify - do I want to show characters from other groups or no
    b. Make default actions on clicking on all combatants list and on edited group, and allow to select - what to do on this click (with respect to select first attribute ofc) - something like "Add to group" on all combatants list and "Remove from group" on edited group member. This is very prioritized for me.
    4. Ability to use simpler interface for Item Collectors, especially for Box (looks like I can use loot table in Box only) - use same approach, like with Battle Gains, only show that player got items, money and so on and not let him choose, what to take from this Item Collector.
    Post edited by PoDM on
  • Wondering if it would be possible to have a background of some kind for portraits as depending on the type of atmosphere of the game you might want to have a different border. Someone suggested I put a border around my portraits and am working on that but not sure I want the same border for every game. Thanks. : )
  • hi GIL!

Please read this idea.

1.I want to use Combatant Groups Name in Text Code.
    I use Actor.name in a default battle start event as follows in Show Dialog Box.
    #text.shadow6##text.size150##text.middle#text.bold#text.italic#actor.name2#

Sample

However, I want to display Groups Name here if I can do it.
    I want Groups Name to be usable in substitution for this Actor.name.

2.Object Pool
    I am troubled with the problem of the performance.
    I want you to add Pooling system to prefab and Spawn Prefab event of combatant.
    For example, I can use https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/jp/#!/content/21059 this as plug in, but may be all right.

3.By the Temp Scene Load option iOS application, it is often finished for spikes at the time of the change of the scene forcibly by spikes of the memory.
    So an idea includes that I sandwich the empty scene at the time of scene change between.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MobileProfiling.html
    =>Two big scenes being loaded at the same time - use an empty scene between two bigger ones to fix this.

It allows you to set this with the option of the scene changer component.
  • Add possibility to copy paste text to Text Editor from external source like notepad.
    Currently when having to add long description texts to Text Editor, I have to type again since copy paste does not work when using the custom ORK Text Editor.
  • @RustedGames
    That's already possible - however, the Unity text areas are sometimes a little bit slow on that and tend to not recognize copy/paste actions each time.
  • Thanks GiL, this is odd, when not using the Custom Text Area the copy paste works fine, when using the Custom Text Area the paste never works for me.
  • I know it can be contrived indirectly but I really hope DIRECT support can be introduced for Races, Multiple Classes and for 'carrier' items which hold items themselves...

Fingers crossed... . ;)
  • Hi!
    Could you, please add override for display names for items, abilities and combatants?
    For items we using color codes, so names in list are messed and it becomes hard to find correct item.
    For abilities - to be able to quickly find and modify ability we are using long names, with class/combatant name, and it makes Battle Menu messy with too long ability names.
    Same with combatants - to be able to quickly recognize combatant in list we are using names like "Skeleton Mage Debuffer Elite Resistance to Ice Fire Improved Attack" and in target selection box and in huds their names becomes way too long to be readable.