• Problem with Choice buttons:
    When ORK updates Choice buttons it first disables them, and after that, if button need to be enabled - enables. This causes terrible flickering, especially in target selection menu, if refresh interval set to something less then 1 second. And even if more - it flicks but not so often. If you need - I can record video, and attach it.
  • ORKHandler.Update allocates way too much.
    In turn-based battle it allocates 114 Kb per frame (battle 3x3) - this is too much, especially for low segment mobile devices. Not sure how ORK kernel works, but is it really needed to allocate SO many objects (or so big objects) every frame?
    In field with 10-12 mobs running around it allocates ~4-7Kb per frame, if possible - it will be great to reduce this also.
  • @Brianjkd
    Can this be due to just the NavMesh placing the game object to fit on there?

@joeee19
    Unity patch releases aren't supported - could be something that's fixed in the next official release.
    Can you post the error message you get?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SearchObjects step doesn't finds deactivated objects.
    I'm using it for disabling minimap in battle - is finds minimap object in battle start event, disables it. And when battle end event fires up - it doesn't finds minimap object (or it can't activate it)
  • @PoDM
    Not a bug, that's just how it is - Unity doesn't find objects that are disabled.
    You can bypass that by e.g. using the minimap object as an actor (scene object), that way the event will have access to the disabled object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2015
    @gamingislove
    I am not sure what the source of the issue is but here is a screenshot. Instead of being spawned at the spawn point, this small player is spawned higher up. image
    Post edited by Brianjkd on
  • edited August 2015
    @Brianjkd
    Image is not displaying, but if the combatant is just placed higher than the ground, try using the place on ground settings of the spawn point or add a Place On Ground component to your player's prefab.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @gamingislove
    Sorry, fixed image url. It's likely something to do with the Nav Mesh spawn code because the player is being spawned in a drastically different location. I have only had this problem recently when I started using Nav Mesh Agents.
  • @Brianjkd
    Can you send me a small Unity test project where this is happening to contact@orkframework.com?
  • @gamingislove

absolutely, email sent. Thanks for looking into this!
  • @gamingislove

For your notice I still experience the same issue as before ie if I use my spell at a range 30 and the enemies have a detection range of 20 and I hit them outside their range then they still do not react to the damage.

Same goes if they are hunting me and I run out of their range amd they start to return back to their origin and I then attack them in the back they also ignore the damage.

I guess this is the same issue for both so once one is solved then I guess the other one will be solved at same time
  • @thrilled
    Well, it's still up to your settings - if you want them to react to damage, enable the new Detect On Damage option in the move AI's enemy detection settings.
    If you want the battle AI to only target stuff that is detected by the move AI, you need to use the new battle AI steps checking the move AI.
  • @gamingislove

My bad :( I thought you did the changes into your code and not as an option. I can confirm that they now DO react to attacking... only caveat that I have is that now they detect me as soon I start to cast my offensive spell and that's actually some seconds before the spell actually reach them and do damage. So to me it appears they detect as soon as an ability is started to be used against them and not when their actual health recieved damage.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi!
    In turn based battles enemy combatants on second turn (usually) makes step forward from their battle spots. Those combatants doesn't have any movement enabled, or in skills.
    Post edited by PoDM on
  • Nixter said: Nixter

March 2014
    Flag

When the PC is attacked by a free-roaming enemy while the player is viewing their menu screens, it cause the enemy to spawn unlimited _Battle game objects. This spawning will continue until the player leaves menus and combat can trigger. After combat, the spawned _battle objects remain but do not trigger.

Here is a screenshot illustrating the problem

I read about this in the Bug Reports, I have this problem - doesn't do anything negative yet.
    I get this even when not in a menu - once combat is initiated it doesn't remove. I have an autostart event to search and destroy all of this _Battle object but it doesn't work.
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.