edited August 2015 in ORK Support
Is there any feature I may have missed in Phased combat or Turn-based combat that allows a player selectable turn order or perhaps change formation?

For example:

Turn 1: Fighter, Healer, Wizard, Thief
Turn 2: Healer, Fighter, Thief, Wizard
Turn 3: Wizard, Thief, Healer, Fighter
Post edited by Nixter on
  • In turn-based battles, the turn order is handled by their turn calculation - so if you want to influence that, you'll need to influence the outcome of the formula (when using a formula). E.g. through status values.

In phase battles, the player can select the order in which the combatants perform actions completely free, i.e. you'll select which combatant does something.

If you want something like changing formation, you could do that using abilities or items - you'd just need to change the position of their battle spots (accessible as waypoints in battle events) and move the combatants to their battle spots.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, that's right! Phase Battles automatically have turn order selection! That is exactly what I am looking for. I'm sorry, I didn't even set one up and test it before asking. I should have.

Another question about Phase Battles: They don't have a Multi-Turns option like Turn Based Battles. Would it be easy for you to give them that option in a future release or is it a lot of work?

I'd like to be able to use Multi-turns in a Phase battle.
  • Multi-turns wouldn't really work with phase battles, it's a completely different system :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK. Makes sense. :)