Hi!
I need help with implementing passive abilities:
1. Passive ability that should start when battle starts and affect only user.
2. Passive ability that should start when battle starts and affect all active player group.
3. Passive ability that should start when battle starts and affect all active opponent group.
4. Passive ability that should start when combatant is being attacked and affect attacker.
5. Passive ability that should start when combatant is attacking and affect target.
6. Passive ability that should start when combatant is being attacked and return to attacker part of damage.

Any help is very appreciated! Thanks in advance
  • Passive abilities don't start/end - they're always there and affect the combatant that knows/learned them.

You should probably use status effects for this kind of gameplay mechanic :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2015
    I'm trying to use them, but I found no way to apply status effect on all combatants in friendly or enemy battle group without using active ability.

Could you, please, clarify - how to achieve it?
    Post edited by PoDM on
  • How are you starting combat?
    What type of combat?
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Oh, sorry, i didn't specified battle details...
    Battle type: Turn Based, dynamic, two factions (player and enemy), 3 (or less) combatants on each side.
    What do you mean - type of combatant?
  • edited August 2015
    I use passive abilities for things the player can learn like mining and weaving and other things that don't affect his/her status but allow him/her to do things.

I think you can use support abilities to affect your player in battle like boost--or as gil says--status effects like Strengthen and Weaken--look at the tutorial. : )

http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/10-status-effects/
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Currently, you could only do that in battle start/end events. Will look into adding status effects in the bonus settings for the battle systems (e.g. in turn bonuses).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much, GiL!
    And also thank you Catacomber! :)