edited March 2014 in ORK Support
What's the best way to make a NPC attack an enemy when the enemy gets too close?
I copy my player character and made it into an NPC using the add combatant. Give him a move Al, to detect the enemy. Didn't work.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Is the faction of your NPC the same as the one of your player?
  • Ah, it works! But I seem to hit into two problems.
    First one is that whenever the NPC (Allies Faction) kill an enemy, I gain exp. I don't want that, but I can't seem to find a way to turn it off.
    The second one is, how do I interact with an NPC spawn by a combatant spawner?
    If the NPC is already on the field, I can just make a dialogue from event and drag the NPC to the Actor Setting in the Event Interaction component. But since this is a spawn NPC, I have no idea how to do it.
  • You're right - a killed enemy will always give the player EXP ... will be fixed in the next udpate.

If you want interactions on a spawned NPC, you need to add the event interactions to it's prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the will-be-fix, GiL.
    And thanks! I can now interact with a spawn NPC. Awesome support as always.