Not a hundred percent on if this is the right forum for it. So move at your pleasure.

I'm working through the tutorials you got for ORK2 beta. And as far as I can tell, I've made everything as the tutorial told me to do. But the event does not appear when I approach the character with the event.

I've even downloaded the Demo and tried to do it that way with no successful. And I've gone through it several times to see if there were any thing different.

Is there anything that is easy to miss? Or easy to mess up on?

Thanks

Oh and it's using the newest beta (12). Only one thing I see that's odd and that the npc_green is missing a script, which I'm pretty sure is the place on ground script.
Post edited by Kale on
  • Moved it to tutorials, suits better here :)

When testing the scene, hit pause and check the placement of your interaction controller and if the NPC has the event set up correctly. I'll try it again myself too!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did check it, though without pause. The NPC_Green is in it. Also just checked it with the pause, just in case.

When I approach NPC_Green, the interaction controller does show that 1 interaction is available.

Also just added an extra Box Collider to NPC_Green, just in case it needed a BoxCollider (isTrigger checked) with no success.
  • Is the NPC's event interaction component set to 'Interact'? And is the correct game event selected (and set up)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    You mean the start type? Yes, it is on Interact. And game event selected is simpleDialogue.
    Post edited by Kale on
  • Just tested it (started the tutorials from scratch) and didn't have a problem interacting with the NPC.
    If the interaction controller shows that there is 1 interaction available, you should be able to interact when pressing the Accept input key (by default this should be the return key on your keyboard).

To help you any further, I'd need you to send me your project to contact@orkframework.com (or upload it somewhere) ...
  • Hmm. I just redid it all over again and it works as well. Must've been something I missed. Just can't figure out what it was.
  • edited November 2013
    Good to know it's working on your end ... it was most likely something really small, those buggers are always playing hard to get :D

Resolved - closed.
    PM me if there is more and you need me to reopen the thread :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
This discussion has been closed.