Hi

i want to make some of defeated enemy drop money or item by 10% only

but it always drooped !!

i do this step :

i check drop money in battle setting to show dropped item.

and i put (0.25) in steal factor in the enemy combatants.

i try also to change attack ability by change steal chance to (10%) but the coin still always dropped !!

i give up :(

• Steal settings are for stealing, not dropping items.

Item drops are handled by the combatant's Loot settings, where you can either use the start inventory (where you'll find chance settings) or a Loot table (where you'll also find chance settings) or both.

All of that was explained in the game tutorials :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GIL

my q is :
    i want only (10% ) of defeated enemy drop coin in the ground not all

when i check drop money in battle setting to true its always drop coin from defeated enemy !!

i take about 24 hours to control this , try and modify and show your tutorial video

but it not work !!
  • edited October 2015
    I don't see a check box for dropping money? If you want to use a start inventory setup, here's an example:
    http://screencast.com/t/C8AZuBvyS

Just make sure if you do this, under Loot Settings change the loot origins to "Start Inventory".
    Post edited by Firrerreo on
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Firrerreo

you can find the checkbox here

and when i put (0) Gold in start inventory this solve half of problem

and thanks you for that, but now when i make enemy drop coin prefab on the scene ,

it cant add to player money inventory !! i'm using turn based battle

my problem now in the next image :

is't a bug , or i do some mistake i dont no

but i have this Error message before 4 days and it still appear:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.ORK.get_InventorySettings ()

Post edited by Nooh on
  • The Drop Items and Drop Money settings in the Battle Gains Collection settings of the battle system type mean to really drop them into the game world. Disable it and it'll be put into the player's inventory.

The error you get can only occur if ORK isn't initialized yet. Do you have a game starter before you reach that scene?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    this is the point

i want coin and itemes dropped in the ground without player collected by his body but by user clicked or touched ( i use turn based battle )

and put the dropped items and money in the player's inventory.. How ?

i can spawn coins and items by scripting but is there some event to put script in ?
    Post edited by Nooh on
  • Did you set up prefabs for all your dropped items, are they attached under each item's Item Settings, and are they located in the path Assets/Resources/Prefabs/Items? That checkbox says to enable dropping, but if it can't find the prefab it won't drop anything.

I don't think you want the collector to be an autostart either, probably by an interact or trigger enter instead. It's possible that you're auto-collecting the stuff immediately as it's hitting the ground, rather than waiting for the player.
  • i put my prefabs in the path :

Assets/Prefabs/

is this wrong ?
  • Yeah, on the help text next to the Item Prefab in Item Settings, it says it needs to go in Assets/Resources/Prefabs/Items for it to work.

Resources is a special folder path in Unity which allows for certain cases of on demand loading. Certain things that need to be dynamically loaded at run-time have to live inside of a Resources folder path. Just note that anything you put in that folder will always be included in your game build, so don't store stuff in there you're not using.
  • Thanks Firrerreo , i will try and tell you if it work , dont go away : )
  • Omg ... sorry, that's NOT needed - that's from the ORK 1 days, just didn't update the help text since the beta :D

Can you please explain how you want the battle gains to be collected and what's currently happening?
  • Lol I thought it was weird that those needed to be in Resources when other stuff loaded through the project didn't need to be, but was rolling with it. Good to know. :)
  • I try your idea Firrerreo , but it not work :\ , i put the coin prefab in that folder and try also put it in the tuttorial resurce but not work , all i need to do is make some ( not all ) enemy drop coin to the scene and add it to player inv , i try to solve this by add item collector component to coin , but this not good for my case , to turn around this broblem it work by keeping coins dropped by ork and give a coin function to grab collision event with ground to add it value to player inv by code , and the new problem is : no relation between dropped coines value and that value i added by code !! So i but 4 kind of currency coin in ork : coin 50$ , coin 100 , coin 500 and coin 1000 , each of them have deffernt value variable in attached script , this is not optemize soluation becuse it take alot of mobile device resurses and prosses , i dont need all of this surround if that small checkbox ( drop in the ground ) work :/ !!

Mybe i do some change in ork setting make it dont work or its a bug , untill now i dont know.
  • The battle gains (like money) can either be dropped into the scene in form of prefabs (which automatically have item collectors attached), or added to the player inventory - not both.