Greetings,

I'm trying to implement the new feature from ORK 2.5.4 where Item Collectors only spawn based on a quest condition. I'm a little lost :) I don't see where this is located:

"‘Use Condition’ settings available in the ‘Prefab Settings’ when not using ‘Auto Destroy’."

If I unchecked 'Auto Destroy' in the 'Variable Settings' of the Item Collector, the box that I'm testing is present in the scene even though the quest condition is not met. But I can't interact with it until the quest condition is met. So I'm almost there :D.

I need BOTH the box and the interaction to not be available until the quest condition is met. I know I'm missing something here :)

Thanks!
  • The setting is available in the Prefab Settings of the item collector component when Auto Destroy in the variable settings is disabled.
    Enable Use Conditions to check for the variable conditions and Repeat Check to regularly repeat checking (e.g. every second) to spawn the item at a later time when the quest is activated in the scene.

If the quest isn't activated in the same scene, you don't need these settings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2015
    Hmm, I'm sorry, I must be really missing something. I don't see a Prefab Settings in the Item Collector component. I have Collection Settings, Start Settings, Orientation, Faction Settings, Place On Ground, Item Settings, Variable Settings, Variable Conditions, Set After Collection, Quest Conditions, and the rest of the quest related options. Where should I see Prefab Settings in the Item Collector component?

I don't have Auto Destroy enabled in Variable Settings. Could I be missing something in my update? I'm running ORK 2.5.6 so I wouldn't think so.

EDIT: Okay, Prefab Settings show for Single and Random, but not for Box as the collection type. Interesting. Sorry for my lack of understanding :)

One more quick question: I have the Item Collector on a wooden box prefab in the scene. The box is always present in the scene like I posted earlier, but the interaction option is not. When I mouseover the box, the tooltip show's what's in the box though, which is interesting :) Anyway, what's the best way to have the box, with the Item Collector, spawn in the scene once the quest is activated? Thanks again! :)
    Post edited by Squeaker on
  • Yeah, sorry, that feature isn't available for item boxes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    Hi
    I think ( not sure ) u can do that by code , if u check the quest by code is it activated or start and not finished when you start the scene , if not finished then spawn the box.

Edit: dont forget to put your box in prefabs folder
    Post edited by Nooh on
  • edited October 2015
    @Nooh Thanks for the ideas. Not sure though which prefabs folder you're referring to? I have a quite a few prefabs folders. Is there one in particular you're referencing? Did miss something? It's quite possible :)

EDIT: Okay, so I found my problem :). I was placing a prefab in the scene, attaching the item collector to the prefab. After to re-reading the tutorial on the item collector I realized I needed to have the prefab attached to the item itself in the ORK Framework (Items > Item Settings > Item Prefab).

Once I did that, the item would spawn once my quest conditions were met. I was going about it more like the second example in the tutorial (Town Scene Box).

Anyway, thanks for help :) I wanted post my error and findings in hopes that it helps someone else :D
    Post edited by Squeaker on