• edited December 2015
    SORRY! I found some messages including the new release in my spam. I don't know how that happened. Horrified!

Double horrified! The messages I got from you are messages I sent someone else. I still didn't get a copy of version 2.6.0.

EDIT:
    The culprit appears to be Apple and the gmail app---googling to see if anyone had a similar problem found many have had this happen after an update. Restoring my ipad to factory settings. Everything is fine when I use my laptop. One of the worst shocks I got in my life--especially since I hadn't heard from some people I should have heard from the past week and I thought I'd done something to upset them! Having been reading my emails lazily on ipad for a week.

@gil--I just sent you an email in response to an email you sent me--it was in my spam since you sent it. I hope you got it. Am seriously considering an Android for my next device.

And thanks again for ORK 2.6.0!
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited December 2015
    Whoa, I am completely missing most dialogue text and my main HUD background with 2.6.0. This was actually present in the beta you gave me, but I assumed that was the WIP work you mentioned with the GUI. Bad times!

-Most of my dialogue boxes are not displaying Content Box text. (strangely, not Choice Dialogues and Name Boxes seem to be appearing as normal). In the canvas object itself, the text object IS present, but it is completely invisible unless I manually move its transform values, and it becomes visible. EDIT: Missing text only occurs on dialogue boxes that use Text Typing!

-Opening up my menu does not bring up the BG image at all the first time you open it. Closing it and opening it again restores the BG.

-My inventory item icons do not show up the initial time you open the inventory. They are restored the second time you open up the inventory, although separate tabs are never restored.

-HUD BG image is completely missing. D:

I'm assuming all of these issues are bugs stemming from the new pooling.

The issues aside I am noticing a dramatic performance improvement with the editor as well. Where the last version might take 3-6 seconds to bring up the Framework Editor, it is now almost instant. :)

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Yep, text typing can currently lead to not displaying the text - I've already sent a bugfix version to Kirb, so if anyone else needs it, just send me an email with your order number.

There are probably tons of other issues with the new UI due to the changes in how it's handled. Most of them sadly are coming from Unity's new UI components not working as they should when reusing them (i.e. after disabling and enabling them) - will (try to) fix every issue that's reported with the next update (maybe next week if I find all issues)!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Are the Performance Improvements in ORK 2.6.0 also present in Makinom? I assumed that Makinom already had them and this was ORK catching up to Makinom, but I figured I should ask to make sure.
  • No, Makinom hasn't had it's performance update yet - still working on that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the clarification!