edited January 2016 in Makinom Support
EDIT: Nevermind. Explained in the 2nd reply.

I want to have a trigger remember when it has been used previously. Another Trigger Machine Component on the same object will trigger if the Machine Object contains the local variable Visited=True.

I'm trying to use the Change After Execution with a Trigger Machine Component. I have selected Variable Origin: Object. I am then presented with several choices for Game Object:

User, Target, Player, Global Objects, Selected Objects

What I am looking for is Machine Object. Neither User or Target is a replacement for Machine Object. When I test with a Global Object, it works, but I am trying to save the variable locally.

Am I doing this the wrong way?
Post edited by Nixter on
  • edited January 2016
    Actually, it seems worse than this. I cannot get Machine Object variables to work at all. I can do a quick Change Variables -> Check Variables in a fresh Makinom game and they always return False. Change them to Global Variables and they work fine.

Weird.

Nevermind. See below.

Post edited by Nixter on
  • edited January 2016
    Well that was embarrassing. Two things to remember:

1) User is the setting for the Machine Object.

2) All Object variables in Makinom require the Makinom Object Variables component to be used.

Carry on.
    Post edited by Nixter on
  • Yep, like in ORK, object variables require a Makinom Object Variables component on the game object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2016
    Related question, I'm having trouble with my variables.

The child object has the makinom variable component attached. The parent has the machine object.

Actor set : Machine object and child is listed

my schematic checks for the machine object variable on the machine object child, but never finds it.

I've tried local variable and object variable also, nothing.

This component creates the variable on this object alone correct? If I were to have multiple of these objects, each would have the same variable name yet wouldn't be shared with the others, correct?

I'm likely using the variables wrong, I'll post a screen shot tonight after work

any suggestions?
    Post edited by artainx on
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • If the object variable components share the same object ID, the variables will also be shared (unless Local Variables is enabled).

I'd need more information on your setup (e.g. the path to the child object, node setup, etc.) to help you.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'll look tonight first, I managed to get it working with Ork variable component in an ork event, So I believe I'll be able to fix this issue in makinom schematic.

If not I'll reply with more info ThankS Gil!
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.