edited March 2014 in Showcase
I wanted to add to the showcase my current progress with my game. I love the Framework, and it's helping me realize an old dream of mine: to make RPG's for the hell of it.

Here are some screen shots:
This is my hub world, where you decide which zone to go to. It's kind of the afterlife.

a bit of dialogue with a Grumpy Fly...

my menu screen... so far.

My game is basically about a ghost in the afterlife who is trying to remember his previous life. As the game goes on you'll discover who he/she is. And of course, battles!
  • An interesting concept!
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Looking forward to seeing more of this - what battle type are you going for?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks, guys! I'm quite excited about it.

I have turn-based battling right now, because that's the level of the tutorials I'm at, but eventually I'm going to make it ATB.
  • You're doing this as a hobby project then? I'm an ex RPG-Maker(er?)
  • well if I finish it and it works, I want to put it on the web, and Steam Greenlight possibly, all depending on how well I do. I've messed with RPGmaker too. There's a lot of games I want to make, and I've never finished one completely, so there's that. But I do have a guy making models for me (the player character/blue column you see in the screenshots is just a placeholder).

But I am quite serious about it, and if I don't sell it, someday I will make one that I do sell. Whether or not people will buy it, well... :)
  • here's the mockup model for my player character. Won't be this color, will probably be orange or black.

• I like the idea and everything. Good luck with it.
  • thank u, Loopdaloop!
  • here are two more images, the first one is the latest model-in-progress for my main character, "Forgetter", and the second is a look at my "equip" menu, where you equip "Astral Gems" to the four compass points of your body.

Overall, I'm making good progress thanks to the help of gamingislove and this wonderful framework. More coming soon!
  • here is the latest screenshot of the city level! Check it out!

• Looks interesting - do you have some more screens with some buildings? :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

it's not the most technologically advanced graphics out there, but they'll work. I'm trying to go for a ghostly look. :)
  • Good work so far dude, and remember, graphics aren't everything. I've been making 2D RPGs commercially for a while now, and those are relatively popular. So 3D on its own is a plus.
  • thanks! Yeah, I like the way it looks. I grew up with NES, and then PSONE and stuff.... there's an aesthetic beauty to low rez that i think people fail to appreciate in their rush to photo realism.