edited December 2013 in ORK Support
Hey guys, this is probably a really simple thing to do but I'm blonde atm. So I want to make an NPC walk about and in theory I see two ways of doing this:

1) nI create events for all NPC's and use move commands and then animate them via the animate commands.

2) I create combatants for every NPC

3) Or do I create move AI or combatants like for battles?

I'm really not sure how to go about doing this properly. I want to create a simple area where NPC's move around and don't stand still looking lifeless. Can anyone give me input on the most ideal way to do it?

Thanks
  • I had the same issue what I ended up doing is using the combatant spawner and setting waypoints. (box colliders and named WP1, WP2, etc.....) I also did a basic move AI
  • I guess the best (and easiest) way to do this is by using a NPC combatant with a move AI.
    You don't need to create a combatant for each NPC, you can use the same for all of them :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the help guys, I'll totes look into the ways mentioned. I'll reply back here if I get stuck again after trying these methods. :p
  • edited December 2013
    Ok, I haven't tried these yet as real life issues are coming up lately. I just wanted to verify something with you guys. Say I hook up an NPC to walk and go to talk/interact with them, if I do it Gil's way will the NPC stop his walk/animation routine and turn to talk to me? Or will he continue walking even though I've interacted with the NPC. I've tried this with only one method so far which was to set up a move event and add the animation but there's no clear way via that method that I can see to make the NPC pause his movement and animation depending on if on if I interact with the NPC. So if I try your way Gil will they stop all animations to talk? Or would I have to do it the method I've tried and I'm simply missing something that I need to do? Maybe a check step possibly?
    Post edited by Loopdaloop on
  • Yeah, this might be a problem - I'll look into it, maybe an option to disable the move AI for actors in an event :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, that sounds awesome :p
  • I haven't gotten to use Ork2 yet because I'm still finishing my ORK1 game but it would be really important for me to have a walking npc that I can stop to talk to if I were to use a walking npc. Right now my npc's in Ork1 just stand in place and it's easy to talk to them. But a walking npc is obviously a good feature.

But if you can't talk to them, they are useless. Thanks for all the great work.
  • That's already possible in ORK 2 since a few updates :)