edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I have kind of an interesting question. But first, here is two screenshots of my side/test project here to show u what I mean:

this might look like a beat em up, but I'm actually thinking of trying to make it an RPG. My question is, is it possible to use your framework to do that, with 2D objects? I got the controlling and interaction / dialogue working here, and I have the camera working, but I haven't been able to get a battle to spawn yet. I've tried autostart and trigger enter but nothing's happening. I have two combatants, Batman, and the green martian, and their prefabs are their sprites with colliders, etc.

If this is possible, can you give me any advice on what to look out for to see why it's not working? I followed all the tutorials, which I'm kind of experienced with after doing them for my main game, but for some reason, this still isn't working. Maybe it won't work. I don't know.

Thanks a lot for your time.
  • Should work, are you using 2D or 3D colliders?
    The functionality for the 2D colliders/triggers is implemented, when Unity receives the events, they'll start the battle (depending on your setup, e.g. trigger enter for battle start).

As far as I know, it wont work if you e.g. use 2D colliders as the battle's trigger but use a 3D character controller on your player ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok. I changed all my colliders to 3D, and I'm getting somewhere but it's not fully happening. When I enter the trigger zone, it is creating battle spots, and those are showing up. but no battle menus are coming up, and also control is NOT frozen. I tried putting in my custom controls into the ork framework, but then it seemed as though your interaction controller wasn't working because nothing was happening when i entered the trigger radius. so i pulled out the custom controls from the framework behavior field, and the interaction controller is working again. Should i have my own interaction controller if I do that? look at this:

as you can see, it is creating the battle spots, and the battle is sort of happening and sort of not. you see it also cuts off the sprite background when it gets to that spot. I don't know what that means, but I take it as a sign as the battle is trying to happen.

I know this is sort of a weird request, but I'm really hoping I can get this to work. any ideas?
  • Well, what type of battle system are you using?
    E.g. Real Time battles don't automatically open a battle menu, you'll have to call that using an input key (the setting for this can be found in the battle settings).
    Also blocking player/camera controls depends on your battle system's settings.

I guess it's best if you can send me a small Unity project where this is happening.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was using turnbased. I have a couple ideas why it's not working, but what I did now is start the project over and I'm rebuilding it -- there was a lot of junk in it as it was sort of a sketchpad for a 2D game. I'm gonna give it a shot again and try a couple things, but I won't waste your time by sending it to you yet. Let me try a couple things, and then if that doesn't work out, I'll be back.