• edited February 2016
    I've been noticing with the GUI, specifically dialogue; occasionally it will, before appearing, flash for a nanosecond elsewhere on the screen before appearing where it's supposed to. This is especially noticeable with 'Appear At Actor' with an Offset, but it occurs even with a dialogue that does nothing but appear in the middle of the screen.

Occurs with both Makinom as well as ORK.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited March 2016
    Change Game Variable in Formulas doesn't seem to be working when using a Formula to set the variable (Haven't tested if it works right in Events).

That is, I have a formula (Formula 1) that returns the result 0, 1, 2, or 3. That result is then used in a different formula (Formula 2) in a Game Variable Fork. The variable that the fork uses is first set using the Change Game Variable block, but I'm unable to set it.

I can set the variable to a value (rather than a formula result) using the Change Game Variable block and it works, but not if I set it to the value of a formula. I can also set Formula 2's value (using the Value) block to the value returned by Formula 1, and use the Store Formula Value block to update the variable, and the variable will update and work.

This suggests that there is something specifically wrong with using Change Game Variable block to set a variable with a Formula.
    Post edited by Juryiel on
  • edited March 2016
    Visual bug occurring in menus;

In my main status Menu, there is a button list in New GUI, that uses a button prefab for highlighted/disabled/tinted text color etc.

Whenever I open another menu on top of the main status menu, and then bring up a new GUI confirmation box (Using an item, Confirming to upgrade a Status Value, etc), the text visuals from button list from the menu in the far back somehow gets pushed to the top layer (or I'm assuming!). May be pooling-related, maybe?

http://i.imgur.com/DHySZtQ.jpg
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • edited March 2016
    I think I broke ORKframework somehow. My project was working fine yesterday till I loaded it up the next day, it can't load scenes after calling New Game Scene. It does spawn _NewGameSceneChanger though. So I had to move over to a new Unity project and redo scenes to continue working.

Also one of the text code buttons 'Statistic/CustomX' brings out #created.weapon# instead of #custom0#.

Edit: GiL was right about timescale. How it happened without me even touching it is a mystery. Ticking this as Problem Solved.
    Post edited by Raiulyn on
  • @Raiulyn - I had similar issues when I had my project autosync on google drive. I think it has to do something with the unity files. I'm not sure specifically how to fix it, but I was able to do it by regenerating or replacing some of the temporary-type files unity saves.

Not sure if this your same issue though.
  • @Raiulyn
    That's most likely due to the time scale of your Unity project being set to 0. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Time in the Unity menu and set it back to 1.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • When using the Spawn Prefab Step to attach/mount UI components, I get a warning saying:

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.
    Am I using the Spawn Prefab Step incorrectly or is this a bug? Perhaps this step (and others that use SetParent) should have a bool to use the SetParent method instead.
  • Hi GiL, I believe I've found a bug related to Move AIs and Custom Components.

If I have multiple NPCs as the child of a parent GameObject, then only the first NPC receives movement targets. I did some digging, and believe the cause is line 648 of MoveAiComponent.cs:

this.customComponent = this.transform.root.GetComponentInChildren(type);

Where it goes out to the root object before looking for the component. Now that I think about it, this may be intended behaviour, I dunno. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know!

I saw you're away for the next couple of weeks, so take it easy :)
  • edited April 2016
    The Change Music node and Music Player can act strangely, sometimes, specifically with Fade Out.

Whenever I have no music playing,(e.g a song has already been stopped) and then an event where the Fade Out Music step is used, sometimes it will start playing music, and then fade it out, instead of just ignoring the node, which is a little odd.

Another weird happening is going this:

-Have music on Channel 0 playing.
    -Go into new Scene, where the auto-start music player is set to Fade out over 5 seconds.
    -Music doesn't fade out at all, just cuts out abruptly.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • The ORK Editor always falls back to the file named ORKProject.asset.
    Test scenario: I noticed when loading the DemoProject.asset from Playmaker actions for ORK in the ORK Editor, the Editor at some point returned to load old the ORK Project.asset
    making hard to understand why things were not working as expected after changing them.
  • I'm having the same issue as Kirb where a content box will appear elsewhere on the screen for a moment before showing up in its desired position. For me it's always from the bottom right corner and then it will appear where it' supposed to right after. I've tried adding open box behaviors and playing with bounds and anchor settings and they don't seem to fix it. When the box closes, it closes correctly.

Is it possible that my GUI box is just set up wrong? I'm using the new ui with the latest versions of unity and ORK on a windows 10 platform.
  • edited May 2016
    I'm getting the same thing as Kirb and braytendo. I don't remember it behaving that way when I first set it up. It's very noticeable when I start running the game in the editor and the on-screen player HUDs flash near the middle of the screen and then appear in the lower right corner.
    Post edited by Keldryn on
  • As a follow up to the content box issue, it seems like the new UI doesn't like me using a middle center anchor with a width and height that is larger than my x and y positions, if that makes sense. It works and there's no issue if the dimensions add up to the dimensions of the window like mine is set to 1920x1080 as the standard. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, but it just seems like the bounds box has some restrictions.
  • @braytendo
    There's a Limit to Screen option in GUI boxes (base settings) that does that. I'm investigating the other issue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a problem on 2.7.1 and it was happening on 2.7.0 where a stored scene sometimes does not get loaded and when Load stored scene is called, the current scene gets reloaded.
    I'm doing this via a Ork Event, but I trigger the event from code. The load stored scene is ORK event.

So for example when I go from world map scene to city map scene, and I use saved stored scene in world map, and use load stored scene in city map. Sometimes when exactly the same steps are done the loading will work correctly and load World map, and sometime it will keep reloading the City Scene.