• So I still need to convert them all myself. That can get complicated when I have a massive amount of prefabs and variables within a massive amount of gameobjects. But it's still a really good feature. you're a genius. Your program has helped me make up my mind about ORK. Thank you for your time in answering my questions.
  • edited April 2016
    Rogerio said: This is the problem. I don't really know how ORK operates too well yet as I've only messed about with the free version. Do ORK items contain their own variables like damage for example. and if I change it in one item like the player's own "sword" item, will it change all "Sword" items within ORK or will the changes only be made for the item I attached the changes to?
    Just what I know ORK can manage individual item status with Change Equip Status value Event.
    Rogerio said: So I still need to convert them all myself. That can get complicated when I have a massive amount of prefabs and variables within a massive amount of gameobjects.
    For now you need to convert them all. But maybe I can provide action to automatically convert all Playmaker Global variable to ORK in the next update. If it work I'll inbox to tell you. I think this will help my user a lot.

Thanks for your suggestion :)
    Post edited by tanohmz on
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • Thank you for taking the time to help me better understand ORK functionality as well as your own product. Keep up the awesome work. You'll most probably be receiving my money very soon from the unity asset store :P
  • edited April 2016
    Rogerio said: Thank you for taking the time to help me better understand ORK functionality as well as your own product. Keep up the awesome work. You'll most probably be receiving my money very soon from the unity asset store :P
    thank you very much.
    For another question in your topic GIL could provide better answer than me.
    But I thought that's all can possible because ORK provide very clean and clear source code that easy to understand for some advanced logic and great support in this forum. :)
  • Well I hope GIL takes a look at my post :P. Thanks again, bud.
  • Tanohmz

Sorry to bother you with yet another question. I was wondering if with your ad-on, I can manipulate the ORK editor with playmaker. Like for example, could I change an editor option such as World>shops and then add items, change item chances, tick boxes such as "game control", overide the prices, etc using playmaker at runtime?
  • Rogerio said: Tanohmz

Sorry to bother you with yet another question. I was wondering if with your ad-on, I can manipulate the ORK editor with playmaker. Like for example, could I change an editor option such as World>shops and then add items, change item chances, tick boxes such as "game control", overide the prices, etc using playmaker at runtime?
    Basicly what this plugin can do is do that ORK Events (Node) can do.
    This plugin just call ORK Handler in Playmaker Editor.
    If ORK provide Handler to do that thing in runtime then this plugin can do but if not I can't modify ORK Framework Source Code for support that because of an agreement with GIL.

E.g.,
    Add Item to inventory in runtime : Can do
    Add new Item to Database in runtime : Can't do

Sorry if this make you feel disappointed.
    You need to modify ORK Source Code by yourself for doing some advance logic.
  • Yea that is a big disappointment. I'm not a programmer so I use playmaker to program. For me to have that tool taken away from me and forcing me to actually program when I got playmaker because I can't program is a real big drag.

I can't think of a reason why such a limitation was put in considering programmers can do it anyway. It just feels like it's a limitation for people who can't program specifically. I think this is probably going to change my decision on buying it as I was heavily relying on being able to integrate the game I have on playmkaer into ORK and it looks like I can only do that if I'm a programmer which defeats the purpose anyway.

I'm really sorry if I wasted your time, mate. you've been very helpful.
  • Rogerio said: Yea that is a big disappointment. I'm not a programmer so I use playmaker to program. For me to have that tool taken away from me and forcing me to actually program when I got playmaker because I can't program is a real big drag.

I can't think of a reason why such a limitation was put in considering programmers can do it anyway. It just feels like it's a limitation for people who can't program specifically. I think this is probably going to change my decision on buying it as I was heavily relying on being able to integrate the game I have on playmkaer into ORK and it looks like I can only do that if I'm a programmer which defeats the purpose anyway.

I'm really sorry if I wasted your time, mate. you've been very helpful.
    My pleasure!
    Hope you'll find the best solution soon :)
  • Thank you, Tanohmz. You're a lovely guy, mate. Keep up the good work.
  • edited April 2016
    Rogerio said: Thank you, Tanohmz. You're a lovely guy, mate. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much.
    I just like to talk with other people.
    You also suggested me some actions that I thought it's useful for my user. :)
    That's why I like to talk. My only problem is my poor language skill that blocking me for communicate something I really want.

My step just opposite with you. I'm a programmer. I've started with programming arround 10 year before I met Playmaker and ORK.
    Now I'm not a programmer anymore.
    When people asked, I always answer I'm a Game Developer not a programmer.
    My target just use everything that I have for making some fun games that peoples playing it.
    I've learned everything after I start making the game E.g., FSM, Behavior Tree , 3D modeling , Last month I just learn about wordpress SEO things that I've never do it before.
    That for this job I really love. I'm a Game Developer :)
  • edited April 2016
    Hello @Rogeiro, could you elaborate a little more about your requirement to modify ORK Framework database at runtime, perhaps explaining your use case?
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • edited April 2016
    Tanohmz

I can understand you just fine, mate :)
    I love talking to people too. I'm a philosopher first, game developer second. It's pretty important to communicate as a philosopher. So I agree with you 100%. you always learn something from talking to people.

I've had time to think last night after talking to you and I think I'm still going to purchase. I'm probably going to have to work hard at implementing the features I want, but the pack is just too good and relieves so much work for me to pass up.

The addition of the new grid system is a pretty big point for me as I have no idea how I could implement that using just playmaker. I've tried and it's so much work that I gave up :/

And if I do end up getting ORK, I see no reason not to get your ad-on as it's so cheap and I'm sure will give me more options anyway.

I think it comes to me preferring a grid system over the features I might have to lose. I just hope it's implemented well.

EDIT:- Actually I just got them both just now anyway. Time to start learning ORK i guess :P
    Post edited by Rogerio on
  • edited April 2016
    @RustedGames

Well I can't program so I would have to rely on modifying the ORK editor at run time in order to facilitate the addition of some features such as for example, the ability to tweek the percentage of an item's price so I could implement a "mercantile" skill like elder scrolls games for example.
    Or change the sprint speed within the editor to make it skill based.

Obviously I'm not sure if there are other ways of already doing some of these things. I'm just using these as examples.

For example. I could create a status value in the editor called "athletics". Then get that variable with playmaker (I think I can already do this anyway). Have playmaker calculate the sprint speed the character should have based on their athletics skill. Then have playmaker change the "sprint factor" variable within the ORK editor.

Now, I'm not saying there isn't already an in tool solution to doing this. That isn't the point. I'm just trying to explain how I would use unity for things that there is no in editor solution for.

I hope I'm explaining it well.

The biggest feature I would want is the ability for mobs to generate their own equipment based off of playmaker arrays and then turn them to loot upon death. The items in my game are all procedurally generated. And if I can create them in playmaker, then just pass the details to an ORK item I spawn, I'll be happy with losing most of my other features.
    Post edited by Rogerio on
  • @Rogerio ,Thanks for supporting me.
    Don't forget to download a couple of demo projects at my website
    http://www.gamekakkak.com/my-account/
    Maybe those will help you get any idea and found your solution.

If I don't misunderstand what you want just create item with generated status that unnecessary to add new one in master database.

E.g., Longsword atk 10 in master item database, some monster drop Longsword atk 12 some monster drop Longsword atk 15

If this what you want I think you don't need to add the new one in database. Just working with Equipment status command on every dropped item.
    I thought you'll get this when you learn more about how ORK data work.
    Hope you enjoy that :)