• doh! very embarrassed now :)

I tried updating my ORK experiment project and I do have some custom scripts in there.
    I'll start a fresh experiment project.
  • @gamingislove
    Can you give me more details on your settings?
    Are you using the start event settings in the Main Menu and an autostart event, or two autostart events?
    And are your events set to be blocking events?
    I checked these out for you dude. I'm using two events, one called by the framework editor when selecting new game, and the second one is an autorun event called by the scene. Only the second one was a blocking event, which is an oversight on my part I suppose- this could be causing the error?
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • edited March 2014
    Found an issue Pausing Time (and presumably freeze) in the equipment Menu;

Combatant Status Value information does not refresh correctly if the game is paused as you equip and unequip gear.

Example: Player has Helmet that gives +1 DEF. The player goes to unequip it. The game correctly previews the -1 DEF. The player unequips the helmet. But the +1 DEF is still attributed to him. Exiting the menu entirely and re-entering it will now show the correct value.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited March 2014
    Found a minor but odd issue that's been evading me for a while now;

It appears that when you use an event that uses the Play Sound node, and under advanced settings, set the Pitch; it can affect the pitch of all the rest of the sounds played by events that are also played on the player.

In my case, I use a switch that uses a sound with the Pitch set to 2, that is played on the player; but after I use it, all of my attack sounds seem to be higher pitched as well, until I teleport out of the scene or use another event that plays songs.

The issue's easily enough avoided, just thought I'd report it anyway.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • @Kirb
    The equipment change thing will be solved in the next update.
    The pitch thing - that's because when you enable advanced settings for play sound, the settings you make will be changed on the Audio Source component of your combatant (or whatever object you're using). They'll stay that way until you change the settings again :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh! Well, that makes sense! Thanks for the tip.
  • Nicholas, I found bugs regarding the Inventory Space Limit.

- When the Inventory Space is limited, the player can still pick up objects even when the Inventory is full. Those objects don't fall into the inventory, they disappear from the game.
    - When the Inventory Space is limited by a Formula, the player do not receive his start inventory.
    - Not sure this one is a bug: When ORK is set up to display Currencies in Inventory, currencies are not counted in the space limit.
  • Will look into those - currencies currently don't use inventory space, you can only display them with the rest of the inventory in inventory menus.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    On "Tutorial #4: Interacting with the World" upon completing the section and hitting Play as instructed by section 'Add the dialogue to the town scene', a Null Reference Exception is thrown:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of ORKFramework.DataHandler.get_Item (System.Type type)
    Not sure what I've done beyond following the tutorial to prompt this error. I'm running the currently available framework and demo downloaded from the site on Unity 4.3.4f1 (Win 7 64-bit).

Additionally, the Event Interaction component is blank after running the game where before it displayed without issue. Clicking either button (Close/Open All) results in further NullReferenceExceptions. Full text of the exception/stack trace below.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.DataHandler.get_Item (System.Type type)
    ORKFramework.ORK.get_GameSettings ()
    ORKFramework.ORK.Init (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.ORK..ctor (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.ORK.Instance ()
    ORKFramework.ORK.get_Game ()
    ORKFramework.VariableCondition.CheckVariables ()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseVariableComponent.CheckVariables ()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseVariableComponent.CheckAutoDestroy ()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction.Start ()
    Edit: This exception does not occur when the game is started from the Main Menu scene. I would suggest a note/reminder/warning for the purpose of the Tutorial.
    Post edited by Firgof on
  • @Firgof
    Yeah, that's because you either need to set up a Game Starter in your scene for quick testing (as described in this how-to), or start through the main menu scene where the game starter is set up (what is also mentioned in the tutorial, to open the main menu scene).

ORK needs to be initialized with your project, otherwise stuff's not working :)
  • edited March 2014
    Yar, I just forgot -- was blindly following the tutorial. From that point forward the tutorials are much more explicit about it.

Edit: Found a typo in Tutorial #19: Damage and Refresh Calculations
    Move Into Direction 1
    Add > Base Steps > Random
    Moves the object into a defined direction.
    Should be
    Move into Direction 1
    Add > Movement Steps > Move into Direction
    Moves the object into a defined direciton.
    Post edited by Firgof on
  • May have found a bug with the Change Position Node:

If you move an actor via the *Move* option in the Change Position node, and then later in the event try to use Change Position WITHOUT move (So that they appear someplace instantly); it will fail to work.
  • @Firgof
    Thanks, updated the tutorial :)

@Kirb
    Not happening on my end, please send me your event file :)
  • edited March 2014
    In active time battles when an enemy is attacking while i go back to base my char stops and the time bar too and i can't do any action.. maybe it's only happening to me or may i tweak something in my battle event ?
    [EDIT] : it's only happening when the ennemy is missing it's base attack cause i have a custom step in the calculate step when the miss function is called and it makes my character go back on the z axis maye this is what causes this bug
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • @Tr1nome
    Can you send me your battle event(s)?