edited March 2014 in ORK Support
As I experience an existential crisis regarding the combat in my game, I've been pondering some features and wondering how to do them.

How would I access Ork from script or visual scripters to enhance my combat, say for instance I wanted to have a slower kick attack or jump attack that did twice the damage as the usual attack. Could I do that through Ork (can you have multiple attacks?) or would I have to go into the script (which I'm not great with).

I'm sorry if this question is vague, I'm just not sure where to start. I might not be an expert, but I have a great determination here.

Thanks for your time.
Post edited by mattsnee on
  • Yeah, that's possible. You just need to set up an ability that does whatever you want from it :)
    You can have multiple base attacks on a combatant (they can be used in sequence or directly using control maps), or you simply use them as abilities (e.g. also through control maps).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • is that what the attack index is for? I was looking around the framework, and came across that and couldn't seem to find any information on it.
  • Yeah, that's what the attack index is for.
    Usually, you'll have multiple attacks set up and the combatant circles through them (you can limit the time an attack is available by setting the ability's Available Time) - it's mainly used for attack combos. But you can also fire a higher indexed attack directly using control maps.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • so any ability I put in there is accessible via control map? that's pretty powerful. how do I edit the attack index, or is that just the same as abilities, but referenced differently?
  • The attack index is the index of the attack on the combatant. The first attack in the list is index 0, the next index 1, etc.
    You can also access the abilities known by the combatant through control maps (or items, etc.), so no need to particularly use multiple base attacks - really depends on your desired system :)
  • that's awesome. Thanks, I'll fool around with that today! :)