edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I'm embarrassed that I can't get such a simple skill to work!

I've tried everything I can think of, but no matter what, the steal ALWAYS fails.

My settings are as follows:
Ability set to not use 'Hit chance' therefore always lands true.
Steal chance is also set to 100%.
Fix item is disabled.
Enemies are using loot tables, and always have an item in their inventory for stealing.

I'm tearing my hair out here!
Post edited by NewRealityGames on
// www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • edited March 2014
    Okay, so I'm an idiot. I've been obsessing over this for days, and yet, such a simple solution. The item wasn't 'stealable'.

I'll leave this up here for anyone else who is as sleep-deprived as myself ;)
    Post edited by NewRealityGames on
  • Latest development: I can't steal item ID 9. I've copied it to another ID- that works fine, with exactly the same settings. Weird.
  • Well, does the target have the item?
    What are the target combatant's Steal Item settings? They can also be set to only allow stealing a fixed item, steal only once, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep, all in order GiL. The target has the item in his inventory, 'steal item' enabled, 'fix item' disabled, and 'steal factor' set to 1. 'Steal once' is also enabled.

As I said the in the previous post, all I ended up doing was duplicating the item and changing the combatant's inventory accordingly, from which point onwards everything worked fine. Item ID 9 didn't work, whereas ID 19 did. I didn't change any other settings since my last failed attempt.
  • Well, that's strange - please send me your ORK project file (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For those who are running into a similar problem:

Check your combatant's start inventory - if the item has a very low chance of being in the inventory, don't be surprised if you can't steal it. That's because there's a high chance it wont be in there to steal :D