• @gamingislove any chance you'll upload a demo scene and ORK Project Data? Not that we can't figure all this stuff out but why start from scratch, ya know?
  • Thank you for the quick answer
  • I'll add grid battles as new game tutorials once the feature is released - there'll be no demo scene for now (and mine isn't really showable :D).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This looks really nice. Is there the possibility to dynamically generate the grid into the scene, and remove cells that are blocked or contain something?
  • Currently not planned - for now you'll have to set up battle grids in the scene view.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow , a grid battle feature looks amazing ! Cool work as always !

I have one question about "flexibility " of battle system .
    How deep I can go with creativity with a skills ideas etc
    Example:

1.Can I create skills name " (ice rock) effect : a ice block will appear on one hex and that block will be a "terrain hurdle" You can't go through that hex , you will need go around.

2. Spider web attack - after that a enemie will have 50% of movement points in next 2 turns

That wil be possible ?
  • 1) Not yet, but should be possible in future updates, e.g. setting a grid cell to be blocked through the event system.

2) Since the grid move range can be calculated through formulas, you can do that, e.g. using status values, etc.
  • edited August 2016
    Status Report
    Sorry for taking that long - I've been taking it slow after moving :)

I'm currently implementing the last few features, a feature-complete beta version could be available sometime next week.
    Although feature-complete doesn't mean finished, e.g. there are probably a lot of problems in some battle systems, like real time grid battles :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Exciting, I can't wait to see it! :D

Eugh, I might be in for a big move, myself.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Real-time grid battles, eh? So you could make something like a roguelike with that!
  • Roguelikes usually aren't real time, they're turn based :)
  • Awesome news ! Looking forward to this.
    Realtime turnbased might solve age old strife of Turn-Based vs Real Time among RPG gamers.
  • Blobbers like Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder would technically quality as real-time grid-based. :-)
  • Status Report
    Pretty much all features are implemented - will go over them again today to check if I missed something :)
    Beta will be most likely out later today, or Monday at the latest!
  • edited August 2016
    Woo! Can't wait to check it out.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames