edited August 2016 in ORK Support
Hii,

I found a problem when I going to another scene, my second character player dissapears, I´ve checked and read the tuto 2nd player group and I saw my event component settings in my 2 player is Ok, but disappears when I enter to another scene and when I come back into the previous scene my 2nd character doesn´t appear again. I only can see the 2nd´s character status settings when I switch my menu players and change between character groups. Below are my event interaction settings of my 2nd character:

postimage

Post edited by berbelias on
  • Did you enable to spawn the group in the game settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Did you enable to spawn the group in the game settings?
    Yes I did itm and I´ve checked menu screens and settings and is Ok, I´ll upload a video with the issue:

postimage

• From the video I'd guess that your 2nd combatant doesn't have a prefab set up in the settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: From the video I'd guess that your 2nd combatant doesn't have a prefab set up in the settings.
    I don´t know, I checked my prefab settings following step by step the tutorial and saw the event interaction settings but I can´t find where is the problem, below are my 2nd combatant prefab settings.

Bug_2nd character
    imag

I´ve tried selecting Auto Destroy box and in my event settings and the problem disappear but when I select the same box again the problem appears I think the problem comes there. I´ll upload another video to show it:

• Not the event's game object - the prefab of the combatant joining your player group. I.e. in Combatants > Combatants in the ORK Framework editor, the combatant joining your group needs a prefab set up, otherwise there's nothing to spawn it.

The tutorial makes the NPC a combatant and joins it to the group, making it follow the player - but this is only for this initial time when the NPC joins. After that, the new group member needs a prefab set up.
  • edited August 2016
    gamingislove said: Not the event's game object - the prefab of the combatant joining your player group. I.e. in Combatants > Combatants in the ORK Framework editor, the combatant joining your group needs a prefab set up, otherwise there's nothing to spawn it.
    Do you mean I must Add Conditional Prefab and make the right settings there? Don´t you?

I don´t understand how I must set up the prefab in Combatants > Combatant I must set combatant Type or Add a Conditional Prefab? :S I post a image with my character prefab settings:

postimage
  • edited August 2016
    I solved the problem, I must set up the Combatant Component Spawner in scene and check Auto destroy in General Conditions Setting and add a Bool variable condition as is shown in the 2nd player tutorial after I must create a combatant player prefab as you said before with the same spawner settings and a event interaction attached

Here I post a image of my settings:

postimage

although I found another second problem, when I select my second character player I see the button interact repeatedly as I shown in the video below. How I can switch off?

• No, you don't need the conditional prefabs, just the normal prefab setting above them - if that's set (as it clearly is in your image), there must be a different issue.

Using a combatant spawner isn't the solution here - the 2nd member should automatically spawn if it's set up.
    By any chance, does the prefab of your 2nd member also have all the event interactions attached to it? If yes, that's wrong - the combatant prefab shouldn't have those, only the NPC that's placed in the scene.
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: Using a combatant spawner isn't the solution here - the 2nd member should automatically spawn if it's set up.
    By any chance, does the prefab of your 2nd member also have all the event interactions attached to it? If yes, that's wrong - the combatant prefab shouldn't have those, only the NPC that's placed in the scene.
    I should have an NPC_character prefab with event interactions attached placed in scene and another combatant prefab set up without these event interactions in Combatants > combatants in Ork Framework editor then?

• edited September 2016
    Yes - like it's done in the game tutorials, the NPC in the scene is a different prefab than the one used for the combatant.

Otherwise the combatant also has the NPC's events attached and will get automatically destroyed by conditions if set up that way.
    Post edited by gamingislove on