edited September 2016 in ORK Support
After looking some tutorials about adding a 2nd character and set up it in group, I found some details I would like to solve. Which way have to control my characters in group in Real Time Battles? I can see in Game Controls> Group member keys or setup in combatant settings..... but I´m lost. There is another sort tutorial to do it or some post which can help me a way to set up correctly?
Post edited by berbelias on
  • You can only control 1 combatant at a time in real time battles (naturally). The other members of the player group are controlled by their AI setup (i.e. using battle AI).

You can use the group member keys to cycle through the members of the player group, i.e. change the player controlled combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: You can only control 1 combatant at a time in real time battles (naturally). The other members of the player group are controlled by their AI setup (i.e. using battle AI).
    I think I must set these settings in Combatant> AI Settings and Add Battle AI musn´t it?. And here I found another problem and I don´t know how to solve it. My 2nd combatant player doesn´t draw his sword only my first player, I tried editing my event but I don´t know how I must do... I suppose I must change my event settings go to Actor and select Member> Group member I´ve tried, but something is going wrong. I will upload a video and a screenshot, could you help me to set tup GIL?

I execute my events in Global Events> Event Execution

draw sword
    subirimagenes

gamingislove said: You can use the group member keys to cycle through the members of the player group, i.e. change the player controlled combatant.
    How I can do a CursorPrefab for changing between group members?

• Yes, you need to add battle AIs to the combatant's AI settings.

Your screenshot says that your actor is an object found by the tag weapon - i.e. the first weapon found in the scene will be used.
    If the actor should be the player (and using the group member keys will change the player), you need to use the Player actor type. If it should be a child object of the player, just define it in the actor's Child Object setting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: If the actor should be the player (and using the group member keys will change the player), you need to use the Player actor type. If it should be a child object of the player, just define it in the actor's Child Object setting
    mm I don´t understand these, I will use an example, I must set the path where the Player´s child object is? (i.e.metarig/hips_0/spine_0/chest_0/shoulder_R/upper_arm_R/forearm_R_0/hand_R_0)

It would better to show you some image examples that how my event settings and function mount object are now

Event Settings
    sube fotos

Mount Object
    subir fotos a internet

I would like to use the same event button for the other combatant player because the weapon appears in the other combatant player´s hand as I can show here

• If you use the group member keys to switch to the 2nd member, that 2nd member will be the player.
    I.e. using the Player actor in your event already uses the 2nd member - that's why the sword is mounted on the correct player. I'd need to see the settings of the Combatant Animation node, as there seems to be the problem.
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: I'd need to see the settings of the Combatant Animation node, as there seems to be the problem.
    Yes here you have

Combatant Animation node
    subir imagen

• You're playing it on the weapon - which is probably mounted to the old player. Use the Player actor instead.
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: You're playing it on the weapon - which is probably mounted to the old player. Use the Player actor instead
    Nothing, it seem happen de same, the weapon of my first player appears over the 2nd player´s hand.
  • That's because your weapon actor searches for the first game object with the weapon tag - and will find the one of the 1st player.
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: That's because your weapon actor searches for the first game object with the weapon tag - and will find the one of the 1st player
    Yes I´ve tried changing the combatant animation event and select Player actor but I still have the same problem as shown from the video I put above, I´m a bit lost and I can´t solve the bug, I would like my 2nd combatant player draw his weapon as the first combatant player what should I do then? I must use the same tag for all weapons? I must edit my event settings node? or I must use different tags name.
  • Like I said - the weapon actor is wrong, because you're searching it by tag. You need to set it up using the Player actor type and defining the path to the weapon child object.
  • edited September 2016
    gamingislove said: Like I said - the weapon actor is wrong, because you're searching it by tag. You need to set it up using the Player actor type and defining the path to the weapon child object
    Ok I didn´t understand well, and thank you GIL and you helped me to solve my little character bug, I remove Actor 0 (where I searched by tag) and use only one Actor in event settings but I found another problem with the weapon because doesn´t place correctly to the player´s hand ( the 1st and the 2nd combatant too).

I don´t know if the problem came from event settings or another wrong set up of my draw sword event I´m a little bit confused and tedious with this event but I would like to show more detailed screenshots of my event where you can help me better what I must to do and correct it.

Now I set up the event as follows

MY EVENT SETTINGS
    Event Settings
    sube imagenes

COMBATANT ANIMATION
    Combatant Animation
    subir imagenes

MOUNT OBJECT EVENT
    Mount Object
    imag

Here I must select the path where my weapon is placed, in this case my hand character, but I should set up Local Space offset or define Use Rotation of my GameObject weapon? I´ve tried paused the game several times and copy the transform and rotation adjustments of my player weapon over these cells.
    My screenshot showing the problem I find now:
    Mount 2nd Player Bug
    subir foto

• Remove child object setup in the event settings actor and the combatant animation node. The event actor is the player, not the weapon (since you use different child objects of the player in a later node). The combatant animation is played on the player, not the weapon - that's currently working because ORK also finds the combatant from the weapon's root object.

As for the positioning when mounting, you'll just have to play around with it until it matches - I can't really help you with that :)
  • gamingislove said: Remove child object setup in the event settings actor and the combatant animation node. The event actor is the player, not the weapon (since you use different child objects of the player in a later node). The combatant animation is played on the player, not the weapon - that's currently working because ORK also finds the combatant from the weapon's root object.
    Yes, this help you solve me the problem I had, thank you GIL, I´ve removed child object setup in event settings and combatant animation node and really works.
    gamingislove said: As for the positioning when mounting, you'll just have to play around with it until it matches - I can't really help you with that :)
    I´ve tried adjust transform and rotation position of sword to player´s hand, and copied these settings to Mount object event, thanks again GIL.