Hi all,

I was following the next tutorial about equipment durability and I´m looking for a tip or a help support for a repair weapons event, I´m not a good programmer but I´m looking and tested the event I´ve created and something I think is wrong, I´ll show a picture of my repairing event.
Equip durability
subir imagenes gratis

Anybody can help me to get the best solution?

Thanks
  • Make sure you're using the correct actor for this (e.g. the player) - in your setup, you're using the Blacksmith, which is probably the NPC.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2016
    gamingislove said: Make sure you're using the correct actor for this (e.g. the player) - in your setup, you're using the Blacksmith, which is probably the NPC.
    Yes, I´ve checked and changed the actor. I´ve selected the player and doesn´t repair anything... maybe I must add a Game Variable? Should I add and remove and add the weapon in inventory nodes? When I change equip durability I must select Reset to Max in Durability change option? How must I set Check settings in check durability node? which must node be connected to check durability failed slot?

When I select in level settings outworn action Unequip i.e. the weapon disappears and can´t appear anyway with the Repair weapon event. Which kind of event I must create for these options?

Can I make the same manner with an armor?
    Post edited by berbelias on
  • Make sure that both the change and check nodes use the player. The check naturally needs to be true (i.e. from your screenshot, the durability of the right hand equipment must be below 1). Also, your screenshot's change durability step seems to add 0, not changing the durability.
    If you enable Reset to Max, the equipment's durability will be reset to the maximum value it can have.

If you're using the Unequip option for outworn equipment, the equipment will be removed from the equipment part and put back into the inventory of the combatant when reaching 0. In that case, you'll have to use the change/check inventory durability steps.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2016
    Ok I´ve tried to change some node events and add remove from inventory step, but I have another question if change durability alters all my weapons I should select Remove Items in that event select Use Selected data and add a Game variable in that case?
    gamingislove said: If you're using the Unequip option for outworn equipment, the equipment will be removed from the equipment part and put back into the inventory of the combatant when reaching 0
    Yes but when I select Unequip my equipment doesn´t appear into the inventory, it seems to be destroyed and I´ve selected Unequip option only :S

I´ll show a screenshot of the event I made now if it can help

postimage

Remove Items
    imagen jpg

• Your event clearly shows that you're still using the wrong actor (blacksmith) in your check/change durability steps.

Also, neither Remove From Inventory nor selected data or game variables will help you here. If the weapon is equipped, use the Check Equip Durability and Change Equip Durability steps, if it's in the inventory use the Check Inventory Durability and CHange Inventory Durability steps.
  • edited October 2016
    gamingislove said: Your event clearly shows that you're still using the wrong actor (blacksmith) in your check/change durability steps
    Yes I´ve changed the actor to Player and added the Change Inventory and equip durability steps and help me, thank you GIL. But I would like to know of course how I can use the same events for armor equipment, I must add an event interaction to armor with the same change equip durability for example? or add an event in Game Event Settings of Damage Zones?

• You can use your event for both weapons and armors. When using the inventory durability steps, make sure to enable weapon and armor to be used.