Hi everyone,

I´m looking for a different event for adding a 2nd character party, my idea is change the character faction, when my character will begin dialogue event, fights and when my hero character wins the other character decides joining with us, i decide to create some change sympathy and check status events but the battle doesn´t start, anyone could help me to create this event? below are my steps.

battle and change sympathy
subir imagenes

• What's the setup for the Start Battle node?

Make sure the used game object has a set up battle or a combatant attached. Also, try changing the faction of the combatant instead of changing the sympathy.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2016
    gamingislove said: What's the setup for the Start Battle node?
    I added a Combatant Object, the combatant in this chase Monk Mirazaki and in Change Faction Sympathy I´ve selected value -1000 and enemies in faction

when the character gets a number value in his health for example 250 then the combatant decides to leave the battle and join us, I set up these settings in Check Status node

I´ll post some images

battle and change sympathy02
    subir imagen

battle and change sympathy03
    subir fotos

Post edited by berbelias on
  • You don't need to add a combatant object in the Start Battle node if the combatant is already used as the actual battle object.

Your setup in the Change Faction Sympathy node is wrong - as is it'll change the sympathy of the Enemies faction for the faction of the Monk Mirazaki combatant by -1000. If you want Mirazaki to be an enemy of the player, you need to select the player's faction - or just change the faction of Mirazaki to the Enemies faction (using a Change Faction node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: If you want Mirazaki to be an enemy of the player, you need to select the player's faction - or just change the faction of Mirazaki to the Enemies faction (using a Change Faction node
    Yes I set Change Faction node and solve me the event, thank you very much GIL but I found another problem with the next step, in my event when the combatant player wins then the 2nd character combatant (Monk Mirazaki) decide to join with our group, I must add a Check status node or a Status fork node, and after add the End battle node connected to success slot of my check status??
  • Your screenshots are gone, so I don't know what's added there - but the event will continue after the battle ended, i.e. if you've won, the enemy is already dead (possibly removed from the scene) and the battle ended.
    So, if you want to have the monk join, you'll either need to do this in the combatant's death event, or just add a new combatant to the goup.
  • edited November 2016
    gamingislove said: So, if you want to have the monk join, you'll either need to do this in the combatant's death event, or just add a new combatant to the goup.
    I must set this event in Battle Animations?... Then I Can set 2 or more events for this combantant player but each event executes in order, aren´t they? Or I can set these event in Battle AI settings either?
  • There are different ways to do this - the easiest would be to just join a new combatant to the player group in the event (after the battle).
  • edited November 2016
    I would try the easiest way, but I must set it in death event I´ve created before? or must set in Event Interaction attached to my combatant? I´m a bit lost.

Anyway I´ve tried setting an easy cutscene with a trigger where the enemy combatant makes a single animation (Run), he decides to draw his sword and attacks. If my player wins then the enemy combatant change faction and decides to join us, but when my player enters in battle area the enemy starts to play attack animation and I can´t control my player to approach and attack the enemy combatant, I will show this actions in one video below.

I will show my event interaction also:

Unity
    sube

• The easiest way is to join the combatant in the game event that also starts the battle - i.e. the one your Event Interaction uses, not in the death event.

You can't control your player because you're coming from a game event that most likely is set up to block your player controls. Either not block the controls in the event settings, or use a Block Player Control node before the battle to unblock the controls (and probably another one to block the controls again after the battle).