E.g. There is item that gives 5% total HP bonus when equipped.

So I've put in the custom bonus a 5 into percentage bonus. Works fine, but HUD's don't recognize "%" as a display text so it just shows "Max HP +5".

Is there a way around this annoying stuff please?
  • Why not just put "HP + 5%" in the item description and display that in your tooltip?
  • There's the #percent text code, because % is often used as a special text code in many places :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GiL, haven't thought about #percent :)
  • Ah yes, forgot about that one as well
  • edited March 2017
    But I'm actually using overridden description in every item because of random stats they can have. And some are only numeric, but some are percentual.

How do I separate them in the Override Description text which automatically calls the rolled stats?

e.g.
    Sword gives: +5-10 Attack (random value)
    +5% Max HP (fixed value)

Can I just put #percent in the Override Description text field so it will somehow trace any percentual value? I can't separately put fixed text with +5% Max HP in the description as the overridden description would put it there twice.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Well - there are 2 ways to add the bonuses to your description:
    - using the %bonus text code to add the info based on your Bonus Display settings in Menus > Menu Settings
    - manually typing them in

The %bonus text is already separating these values based on your setup, and when manually adding them, you can write them in any order you like ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2017
    I'm already using the %bonus, the random numbers wouldn't be calculated in the tooltip otherwise.

I'll check the status value bonuses (percent) info, that is my case...
    Edit: Adding #percent behind the %svp fixed my issue. Thanks again. :)
    Post edited by Machal on