edited May 2017 in ORK Support
Hello I've setup animations in Blender and am importing the prefab into Ork. I have a few questions.

edit: Using Legacy Animations

I am using Ork controls with some personalized WASD control maps / input keys done through Ork.

I've setup the animations in Ork and on my Combatant. He can Jump / play animation with Spacebar and play idle animation (once) Those work.

1) How can I setup the Walk animation? It's done like the others but does not start when I push W, A, S, D

2) My Jump animation seems too long for the total jump. The jump takes about 1 sec but animation is 1.78 sec.
Besides modifying my animation is there a way to Synch the Jump through Ork to Play the animation at the appropriate speed? I have adjusted the speed settings but it makes the animation too fast.

3) I'm guessing through Events, but is there any other way to make Idle animation repeat after X amount of time?
-- my objective here is if the player doesn't move for X time it'll play the animation.

4) I want my character to go back into Idle position after a jump or walking. This work for the Jump because my animation is made like that, for Walking though the animation is set as a walk and doesn't have the idle position as an end Keyframe.
-- I tried in blender and it does not loop nicely.

Thank you to anyone who can give me some pointers :)
Post edited by artainx on
ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • 1) Did you enable Use Auto Animation in the combatant's animation settings? If yes, it might be that ORK isn't recognizing the movement speed the combatant's game object is moving at - try enabling Use Position Change in the combatant's movement settings.

2) You'll have to play around with the animation's speed setting until it fits your needs. Try setting the speed to 1.78 - that should theoretically result in the animation's duration being 1 second ...

3) Your guess is correct, the event system is where you can do that - or write a custom animation controller script that handles this stuff for you.

4) Fading between different animations is handled by Unity's animation system. In your ORK animations, use the Cross Fade play type in your legacy animations.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excellent thank you! Everything works as intended now.

One last thing, The character has a Charge forward animation. It should play when I use left mouse. Currently I use an Event with Change Position and the character moves.

By default the animation didn't play, so in the Charge Event, I added a node to
    Disabled Auto-Animation, then play my legacy animation, then change Position and then re-enable Auto-Animation. This works as I need.
    Is the above way the most efficient to play a special non combat animation?

This is not in combat so I didn't use the Ability / Animate in the combatant window.
  • This depends on the layer setup of your animations. E.g. if the idle/movement animations are set to a layer above the played animation, you need to stop them first.
    Usually, disabling the auto animations shouldn't be needed here :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • They are all on layer 0.

This should be different?
  • edited May 2017
    It's not a requirement, but it's better to have animations grouped on different layers. This helps to prevent them from interfering with each other :)

The game tutorials have an example for this (here and here).
    Post edited by gamingislove on