edited May 2017 in ORK Support
Original Question -- Findings at the bottom

How exactly do you turn off the AI for the player group?
I can Pick commands as Brown Pants. But Blue Pants is AI and just automatically attacks, What is the exact switch that makes it player controlled? I want Blue pants to have a battle menu controlled by me. But it just automatically attacks.

Brown Pants has AI controlled turned on by Default...so now I'm really confused.

See Above ^^
@gamingislove possible data leakage bug in the editor.

What seems to have occurred is...when Blue Pants was added in the tutorials he was somewhere else down the list.
I assuming on the code side there is an Index ID that we don't see that gets created identifying the original slot that combatant was generated in.

I like keeping my stuff organized...I mean who doesn't right?

So I moved BluePants To right under the BrownPants to keep them all together like one happy family and it as a result shoved Evil Pants down a notch. I'm guessing somewhere in the code, there is a place that references the original slot where the combatant was created. So because Blue Pants was in say slot 5 when he was made and EvilPants was slot 2, when it was supposed to be pulling BluePants data it accidentally pulled stuff from Evil Pants...namely his AI slot and possibly other data leakage.

This only occurred once I moved Bluepants up in the list to slot 2 overriding EvilPants initial position in the list.

End result was I had a Party member that was using a empty AI and only attacking, b\c of the way AI default to the initial slot attack -- even though BluePants had abilities.

Here's how I figured it out. I made a NEW combatant Lydia (one i was gonna use anyway) Set up the same way as BrownPants and didn't move her. I confirmed the setting between all 3 were the same. All were set to Player (not Ally) -- And no Battle AI on any of the 3.

Blue Pants was autonomous :(
Brown Pants was Player controlled
Lydia Was Player controlled

The only difference between any of them is that Blue Pants was moved and displaced a Combatant that had an AI. Bam!
Post edited by paulgswanson on
  • That's pretty much impossible - it's more likely that you simply missclicked and turned the setting on by accident :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i got the same issue, it works perfectly well, but when Brown Pants joins the Group a bug seems to run a Loop...
  • I would recommend to both @paulgswanson and @Aceego2 to simply go over the tutorial step by step slowly.

When I first started with Ork I constantly made simple mistakes because I was to impatient (I still do it once in a while) , this framework is awesome but also very difficult to learn because their is many features and settings to remember that can be miss clicked and mess up your game ! I would recommend to take it slow and learn every single feature on the website!

Trust me once you learn it , It's smooth Sailing! :D
  • @tribbles that was the point. All 50 Tutorials work perfect, just only that did not work. i have done the tutorial 3 Times, try to implement other combatants or other prefabs...
    All with the same result. I got this Error in the console in a Loop (ca. 200 Times in 1 second):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.ShowLayer (Int32 layer)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.ShowGUI ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireGUITick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.OnGUI ()

I use Unity 5.6.1f1 and Ork 2.11.2
  • @Aceego2
    That has nothing to do with the problem stated in this thread - but most likely related to a bug with quest notifications (will be fixed in the next update).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove oh ok, than i looking Forward to the next update :)