• edited March 2017
    I was wondering if you wouldn't mind adding an option to "start by player collider" for Interact events so that I can keep using the Interaction HUD type?

This would save many headaches because my Interact HUDs wouldn't need extra events to be displayed every time like with the key press option.
    Post edited by braytendo on
  • Another really great time saver (if it's not too difficult to implement) would be an option in text typing to always pause for x seconds after periods, questions marks, and exclamations. Then I wouldn't need to add a text code for every single sentence in my game, lol.
  • CHECKS FOR DUAL WIELDING

I have set up a system using a normal status value that is attached to weapons. It works but could be much better - would be cool if there was

- an additional button for ability requirements that allows you to select an equipment part and an item type that should be equiped on (or maybe also single items)

- a check in formulas, battleevents, ... with the same options as for the ability requirement button

- eventually checks to handle weapon damage for each hand (euipment part)
  • Abilities can "Consume items" when used and I am wondering if you can set up an override on equipment so that the item consumed can be different for the same ability, depending on the currently equipped weapon, etc.? I'm thinking along the lines of different ammo for different guns. Thanks!
  • Is there currently a way to make an escape ability that will warp you the the start of the current dungeon?

So you can evacuate the zone.
  • @paulgswanson
    Sure, you can e.g. use the Store Scene node (like in teleport battles) to remember a position and scene to return to (e.g. using a Load Scene node). Alternatively, (e.g. when already using this functionality for teleport battles), you can also store the scene name and position into variables and use them in a Load Scene node to return to.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • you mind adding a function to FormulaSettings.cs to access formulas by name?

public override int GetIndexByName(string searchString)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < this.data.Length; i++)
    {
    if (this.data[i].name == searchString)
    return i;
    }

return -1;
    }
  • @chud575
    Yes, I do mind :D
    But you can easily add the function as an extension method without having to implement it in ORK's source code.

Change the function to this and put it in a static class:
    public static int GetIndexByName(this FormulasSettings settings, string searchString)
    Now you can access the function like any other in that class:
    int index = ORK.Formulas.GetIndexByName("name");
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i have nearly finished all tutorials, but some tutorials did not work as i wanted. Is there a ready finished Tutorial Data to Download?
  • edited June 2017
    @Aceego2
    The ORK demo project is the finished game tutorial, you can download it in the showcase section.
    Which tutorials didn't work and what was the issue?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited June 2017
    @Aceego2 - yes, it's included in the ORK Framework package. You just need to import demo.unitypackage.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the master!
    Post edited by Keldryn on
  • @gamingislove , @Keldryn Ah that was perfect, thank you.
    You already confirmed it was a quest bug, something for the next update :)
  • Hey GiL is there anyway you can add a feature to the Item Collector Component . I'm trying to randomize/ change the Item ID on spawn so I can have the same prefab spawned but with different ID's so I can collect them and save their position when changing scenes. Is there anyway I can randomize the IDs on each prefab spawn through events or through ork API and script it myself?
  • @tribbles
    Do you mean the Scene ID (responsible for remembering collected items) or the actual item ID (i.e. which item is used)?
    Scene ID > randomizing this will pretty much be the same as not using the scene ID at all.
    Item ID > that should already be doable with the Random collection type, but you have to define the items that are available in the item collector.
    If it's about the spawned prefab, you can just set up the item collector on a game object you want to use and disable Spawn Prefab in the item collector :)
  • maybe he is talking about this one:

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3795/item-collector-box#latest

It was a request I also made :)