Hello there! Long time no speak!

So I have been trying to accomplish Grid Teleport battles following this tutorial: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/grid-battles-part-6/.

Unfortunately, I have been running into a few problems. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get the config quite right. Bear with me, because this is pretty complicated...

Here's a complete picture of what I am trying to achieve:

1) In field mode, when I collide with an enemy (this enemy is a GO with an AddCombatant and a BattleComponent attached). For clarity's sake, let's call him a SecurityGuard
2) I then get transported into a separate scene for a grid battle. The
3) The battle is completed, then I return to the original field scene
4) The enemy that started the battle should then be destroyed

I currently have all steps working, which is nice. However - and this is the real problem - it seems like all SecurityGuards are then destroyed when I return to the field scene.

I can't work out why this might be, seeing as I think just that one SecurityGuard is transported to the battle scene. FYI I am using ORK 2.9.1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
  • edited August 2017
    Sounds like all your guard's battles have the same Scene ID. The scene ID handles if a battle has already been fought or not, i.e. if one guard's battle is done, all battles with the same scene ID (in that scene) will also be done.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Holy crap, 9 minutes!

That's why you're the greatest :)

I'm at work now, but will test it out when I get back home. Sounds very plausible.
  • Yep, that fixed it!

Thanks dude
  • You where just lucky that I was just answering questions, you could've also waited for 2 days during the summer :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!