There have been several posts with this problem, but no answers. When I download the tutorial file GameTutorialResources it is a .tar file and not a Unity Asset package so cannot be imported into Unity. It seems to have been a problem 4 or 5 years ago but not resolved. I want to evaluate the trial package with a view to buying the full version but won't be spending $100 on something I can't use. Has anyone got an answer please?
  • Not a direct answer to your question, but you can download the complete demo project from here, http://orkframework.com/showcase/
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I have downloaded the demo but can't find a way of getting it into Unity as it is a collection of files but not an asset package!!
  • The game tutorial resources you can download here are a .unitypackage file - if your browser/OS/download turns it into a .tar file, just rename it back to a .unitypackage file.

The demo project @ljx00_520 suggested is a complete Unity project, so you'd just unzip it and open it up as a project in Unity :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I must be a bit thick but I have no idea how to turn a .tar file into a unitypackage file. I don't think my browser is turning it into a .tar - I've downloaded plenty of asset packages in the past and never had this problem before. Simply renaming the file in Windows Explorer by clicking rename and adding .unity package does not seem to actually change the file type, only the file name.

As for the demo project, I have the collection of files but can't get them in to Unity.
  • You can only do that if you're also displaying the file extensions in your operating system. The file you're downloading should be GameTutorialResources.unitypackage - which makes it a unitypackage file. If it's named GameTutorialResources.tar on your system, you'll have to replace .tar with .unitypackage to fix this.

The demo project zip file should contain one folder (with sub-folders) named ORK Game Tutorial. That's the Unity project root folder - so in Unity, you'll have to open that project (e.g. in the Unity launcher).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!