edited February 2018 in ORK Support
Hey there, i`m working daily in my project and i have reached a wall in this.
Is There a way to open use item selection menu from a shortcut? I mean use a shortcut to open a menu fso the player can select which potion he wants to use?
Post edited by Limonada on
  • By "shortcut" do you mean a call/dismiss hotkey?
    Or a shortcut slot?

If you mean a shortcut slot, then just set that shortcut slot to be an Ability.
    Then set that Ability to trigger an Event, then have the event call the menu.

Let me know if I've understood your question correctly.
  • @Kelp
    Wow! Gonna try that, why has that not passed over my mind? An ability can call a game event? I thought it could only call a battle event!

Ty VM!
  • Battle event and game event are pretty much the same thing, only that battle events are used by actions like abilities and items and give standardized actors (user, target, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove and @Klep

I'm a bit lost. I created an event to open item menu, but i have no idea where to put it. My other events I'm calling in animation setting on the skill settings, but once I try to call my useItem event, that is not a battle event it does not show on the list.

Maybe i have not understood the battle vs game events. I understood over @gamingislove last post that both work the same way, but by experience cannot be used in the same places.
    I'm a bit confused how to call my UseItem event from the useItem Skill :/
  • Your use item event needs to be a battle event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove I couldn't find it on the nodes
  • That's not a node - it's a different type of event. Instead of setting up a game event, you need to set up a battle event.