edited February 2018 in ORK Support
Hello everyone!

Does the Stop Movement node stop movement of a change position for good or it stops it temporary?

From my testing it seems to be only temporary.

How can I get it to Stop completely its movement regardless of how long it has been moving for?

EX: If the Power is off the gate should stop moving until the power is back.

My variables are setup properly, they work, they add and subtract when I go on the switches.

I have a simple Event that raises a gate at different speeds depending if a switch is active or not. My trouble is the Stop Movement node stops the gate for a time (likely the 5 second wait) but keeps going even if the variables / switch is Off.

I have a Stop Movement Node after each check to Stop the previous movement speed and allow the next one to begin, either slower or faster.

I really just need to interrupt the active / current Change Position until the switches add the variable back, however long the Event for my switches take to return power (Add the variable back) Then the gate checks again and continues moving according to the variable and speed.
Post edited by artainx on
ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • The Stop Movement node does indeed stop the movement from a Change Position node or other similar nodes using the actor event mover component. This completely wipes the movement info from the previous move, so there's no way it can resume movement on its own.

If your setup leads to movement after 5 seconds, it's due to your variable checks telling it to do a movement, so the problem is either checking or setting the variable wrongly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2018
    Thanks for the confirmation on the Node. My checks were valid - I was testing it wrong.

I had timers on my switches that I didn't consider so they were putting the variable back before the timer in the gate movement event was ready.

Also I learned that while the ORK handler is selected (hierarchy) and looking at my variables in the Inspector they don't update unless I move the character. That threw me off, lol .

Thanks for the quick reply GiL!

Post edited by artainx on
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited February 2018
    Unity's inspectors aren't constantly updated, only when some event initiates it, e.g. scrolling using the mouse wheel (or any other input).
    Usually, when I want to monitor some variables during tests, I just keep the mouse over the inspector and scroll the hell out of it :D
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!