I'm using Turn-Based Combat.

Anyone else experiencing the following: (this just started happening after I upgraded to latest version of ORK)

After a few combats, I'll get into combat, win (all enemies defeated), then all HUDs disappear from the screen. I'm locked in a combat state (Shows In Combat: True in the Inspector). The only thing I can do, at this point, is quit the game as I am not able to move or access menus anymore.

I experience this in the editor as well as a build. Any ideas?
  • Maybe is has something to do with your battle end events?
    Did you check that every case (special camera views etc.) end in the last event step, and do not produce loops or something like that?
  • Could you post your End Battle Event(s)?
  • Hmm..hadn't thought about that since it just started happening.
    I'll take a look
  • Here is what I am doing in my Battle End event:

1. Destroy Combats (all)
    2. Remove Temporary (enemy group)
    3. Remove Temporary (player group)
    4. Check Status: Player Dead?
    4a. NO: Collect Battle Gains - show in window and wait for window to be closed
    4b. Yes: No battle gains collected

5. Change a game variable (global) InBattle to False - I was using this in scripts
    I wrote not sure if I need this anymore Need to check
    6. Fade out battle music
    7. Fade in stored music

It is at step 4 where the game "hangs".
  • edited January 2018
    Take off step 4 to make sure it's the culprit. If it doesn`t hang, then you`re sure its step 4. Then I would add console lines node to 4a and 4b to know which path the game takes. Then disconnect the 4b node, see what happens, if it still hangs then you know it`s your collect battle gains settings.
    Post edited by UserName on
  • OK, I disabled ALL Victory notifications (battle gains and level up) in the Battle Settings along with the node that I had in the Battle Event (turns out I didn't need that one).

I watched the notifications of items being added to my inventory (from Inventory settings). Once those finished...

Still had the same issue. This is a weird one :)
  • My first guess would be destroying all combatants, as that'd also include destroying the player, and you didn't list spawning the player again - so the player's gone ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2018
    I've had that battle end setup for a long time now. I reverted back to v2.12.2 tonight(01/29) and never had the issue. Never saw the issue in v2.12.1

I tried v2.12.3 tonight(01/29) and saw the issue there as well. Originally, I had skipped 2.12.3 until I saw the random Attack and Defense bonus feature in the release notes; by then, v2.12.4 had been released.

I wanted to update since you added the random Attack and Defense bonus feature to items.
    If no one else is noticing this, it could be some weird setting (or combo of settings) that I have. I can live with v2.12.2.

EDIT: LOL, apparently, this feature was in v2.12.2 and I never noticed it as I wasn't working on items during this version.
    Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Sooo ... working now?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @GIL
    I'm revisiting this issue since I had to update to 2.15.1 for a fix you put in that I needed.
    I tracked the issue to the Victory Event in Turn Based Battles

What would cause the Collect Battle Gains step to not fire?
    I have the Show Gains option selected.

The part that is making this difficult to figure out is that it seems random. In the show gains, I have Money, Items, and Experience to display in the Victory Gains dialog.
    The only thing I can think of, at this point, is no items or money was found in the loot (which is possible with my loot tables using chance that an item was found). However, all monsters give XP. The XP amount is set in the combatant's Status Value Settings

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

PS: I've been digging through the source files that are provided and I don't see anything odd in the battle system.
  • Hm, if there are any gains and they produce text that should be displayed (based on the Battle End settings), the dialogue will be displayed.

Are there branching paths in your battle end event before the Collect Battle Gains node that could lead to omitting it?
  • No branching paths. I mirrored the gains from the tutorials early on with this project. Never really had a need to change it :)

Text for monetary and item gains do exist in the Battle End settings

Head scratcher
  • I'll need a small Unity test project where this happens to check this out :)
  • I was afraid that was coming :)
    I'll see if I can reproduce it using the ORK demo. Not sure if I can though.