edited July 2018 in ORK Support
1) I was wondering if there is any way that the spawn combatant step in the schematics can remember the combatant that is spawned so when I save and then load the game, the combatant that was spawned by the event schematic will be saved and reappear like the Combatant Spawner Component ?

2) Is there anyway add status requirements to Ability Developments? Example: I want to have the player automatically learn an ability based on a status value check and not on player level.
Post edited by tribbles on
  • 1) No, but you could use a Start Combatant Spawner node to spawn a combatant via a set up combatant spawner that remembers the combatant. Don't forget to set the spawner's start type to None, so it'll only spawn the combatant when told to by the event.

2) No, but you can set that up in a combatant's level up game events. You can set up default events for all combatants in Battle System > Battle Settings in the Level Up Settings. Each combatant can override them in their Status Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    @gamingislove thanks for the reply !

1) What I'm trying to do is spawn enemies one at a time by player interaction. So if the player interacts with a certain object it will spawn just one enemy and then later the player interacts with that same object it will spawn another enemy . The problem that I found is that the combatant spawner component can only start once. How would I start the same combatant spawner multiple times ? Is there anyway that I can use custom code/script to tell the combatant spawner to spawn 1 type of enemy then stop and spawn another enemy later when interacted with? I don't want to use multiple combatant spawned just one.
    Post edited by tribbles on
  • Nevermind i figured out another way using object variables.
  • If you want to spawn different combatants, you'd have to use multiple combatant spawners in that setup. Also, when a combatant spawner has Use Scene ID enabled, the battle will only be fought once, as it's marked as finished afterwards.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks @gamingislove , I was going to use your combatant spawners for my farming system, but I figured out a better way of making a farming tile system using Ork's events and object variables. Your event system is really flexible, and I'm learning how makinom works and I hopefully can transition to makinom for certain systems.