edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Wish Everyone the best and GIL to keep going with what he is doing best! I wish for ORK to have a year as big as 2018 which brought a lot of updates and improvements!

My personal wish is some more love to Real Time battles (targeting for example)!
What would you guys like to see from ORK in 2019?
Post edited by dlevel on
  • Happy new year everyone - keep those wishes coming :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Gil knows what I wish for, and he's been a great genie so far!

Real-time targeting would be a great addition to ORK as well; with options like Z-targeting or something more loose like in Kingdom Hearts.
  • yeah, this is what I think, like a raycast system to auto-change target based on what the center of the player (crosshair) is targeting. Many MMORPGs have this kind of targeting and makes combat more fun.
  • With that, you could make something akin to FF12 and Xenoblade Chronicles as well. Lots of opportunities would open up lol
  • Belated Happy New Year! :)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Another vote for real-time targeting. would open up all sorts of cool possibilities.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Happy to see more people see the boost on real-time battles that this would give :D I'm using ORK for years and I know GIL, and he will not leave this first post of the year unnoticed :D so here is my suggestion of this type of targeting (I played a lot of games :D)

a) Raycast like targeting that locks on target that the player has on the center of the screen(Camera).

b) an optional timer that it takes to lock to a new target (you ll put how much time in seconds you want that the new target locked and previous target unlocks).

c) A marker like it already exists on individual target.
  • I sense some updates coming to group/individual targets in the next update :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • YES!!!!!!!!! :D :D
  • Fantastic. I am trying to do a space based rpg and such a feature might be useful for outer space combat there.