Hi guys!

So I've been trying to do an ATB battle system whereby the abilities will have their own cast time, but there's a few problems I face.

1. The cast time doesn't pause on battle menu which is somehow unpleasant
2. Is there a way I can change the cast time on battle? For example, using some status effect to hasten the cast time or slow down the cast time etc.

Thanks for any help!
  • 1) Yeah, that could be unpleasant ... I'll add options to also pause cast times when pausing the battle.

2) By using formulas for your cast times you can have the cast time influenced by things like status values or status effects, but this only influences the cast time when starting to cast.
    I.e. a casting action's cast time can't be changed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It would be nice if the cast time can be influenced during action, same like how action time bar can be influenced... do consider putting this in the next update :) thanks a lot!
  • So are you saying that there is no way to "haste" or "fast cast" casting a spell?
  • If you have a formula set up as your cast time you can have the formula check for that status effect and add or subtract to it
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • As @Wrofir said, you can influence the cast time by using a formula - it's just that once the ability begins casting, the calculated cast time can't be influenced.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!