Hi!

I am putting my own high resolution portrait images in my player HUD GUI box but it turns out to be very low resolution, like very pixelated. My portrait image is supposed to be 1024x1024 size and is displayed in a 165x165 bound, but it became very low res, I tried 330x330 and also exactly 165x165 size, but it all turns out the same. I even tried using Icon and resize it to 165x165 but the outcome it the same. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

Edit:
I did a little more testing and realize even the text is very pixelated. Like the player's name, HP and stuff.
Post edited by Salgian on
  • What GUI system are you using, legacy or new UI? Also, what's your default screen size (Game > Game Settings in the ORK editor)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using legacy, and using 1280x800 screen size.
  • Hm, could you post screenshots of the UI, and maybe the actual portrait image?
    Also, what's the portraits image's import settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tested a lot more and found out the entire GUI is pixelated, including texts, images, bars etc.

This is one of the screenshot in my game:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oR11demXcjl_X-kWgEUN9-7mSZzybCjF/view?usp=sharing

As you can see in the photo not only the edge of the picture is zig zag, the HP MP number font looks like those PS1 words where it's very pixelated and not HD. What could be the reason? It doesn't matter what portrait image I use because I'm using a lot of different different portrait and font and stuff but it all is shown this way.

Hope you can help!
  • Check the import settings (and please post them here) of your images and fonts. That's pretty much the only thing I can think of that could cause this (beside the images just having bad alpha/transparency sources).

ORK pretty much just displays the stuff as is, with some scaling applied based on the default screen size setting and actual screen size.
  • As said in your other thread - I think this is caused by the Scale of your play view not being 1, as this simply blows up the view and looks pixelated.