• edited November 2018
    oh yeah it's so obvious now that you said it :D thanks will do that :)

edit: hmm well if I remove the first WeaponCheck statemachine, it means I skip all of them and I go ahead and have different parameters for every state without using the WeaponType equals x anymore? or you have a way to call entry statemachine so it transitions to WeaponType x? because I tried putting Entry as a state name in ORK and didn't work so I had to call the Idle animation for each weapon directly
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • @dlevel - I have a working example without the Check Weapon Type nodes around somewhere. I'll dig it up and post some more specific answers here.

However, what I can say is that for the animations that start on a Trigger parameter, you can have the "Attack" trigger start an Attack sub-state machine; on the entry node of that SSM, you'd check the WeaponType on each transition. If you use other parameters, you can create an SSM for each weapon type and follow the same pattern.

For animations that are started with Play or CrossFade, you need to provide the specific state name, as that's how Animator.Play() and Animator.CrossFade() find those states. If you're starting animations this way, then you don't have any transitions into the animation, it doesn't need any parameters.
  • ok that is awesome, thanks @Keldryn :) I ll dig around until you find it :)
  • I know I keep talking about it, but this time I mean it. ;-) I am working on a completely new version of this tutorial which takes everything I've learned over the past few years into consideration.

I'll be starting a new thread for it and linking to it from this one.
  • @Keldryn looking forward to it! :)
  • This tutorial is terribly out-of-date. The first part of my All New, Comprehensive Guide to Using Mecanim Animations in ORK has now been posted!