Now the cost of grid movement are being calculated not on the basis of number of cells a combatant walks over, but on the Move Cost of a cell the combatant end his movement on. The number of cells one can travel during the turn is limited to the range setting.

How to make a system which calculates grid moment cost as a sum of all move costs of all cells a combatant walks over during moment? I also want to disable movement range, so the movement range will be limited only by the number of action points a combatant has and a formula for move cell cost.
  • Move cost is calculated based on the move cost of each cell along the path, not of the cost of the cell the combatant ended on. E.g. if each cell on a path has a move cost of 1 and the path is 10 cells long, the move cost is 10.

You can also set the move cost of your cells to 0 and only use the Action Cost settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

• Both in Battle Grid Example and in my project grid move cost is being calculated in a way I described. Could you check if there is no bug in in the new version of a framework? The only thing that is being spend when moving as you described is move range.

• The images you posted have 2 UIs, the one on top shows the total move cost (and available range), the small one at the cell shows the move cost for that one cell.

The UI on top is set up in the Info Text settings of the Move Command, the one at the cell is the Examine Grid settings for examining a cell. Both set up in Battle System > Battle Grid Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited May 2019
    The problem is that after moving to the cell that should cost 5 action points to move, the game takes only the number of action points the final cell is worth. I can move to the far away cell if I have only one action point. I lose only one action points to do so. I always spend one action point to move, no matter how many cells I walk over.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • Did you set up your grid cell types to use Action Cost instead of Move Cost?

It sounds like you're using the Default Action Cost or Grid Move Cost defined in the battle system type you're using, resulting in an action cost of 1 for using a grid move and not having actual action cost for the cells.
  • I haven't :) Such a stupid mistake. Now everything works as it should, thank you very much!
  • Also keep in mind that using the grid move command also has an action cost, so you need to enable Own Grid Move Cost and set the cost to 0 if you want to prevent that. This is set up in the battle system settings of the system type you're using, e.g. Battle System > Turn Based Battles for turn based battles.
  • Did just that. Thanks:)