edited August 2019 in Announcements
ORK 2.26.0 is here: release notes

This update adds a new percent-based status development, conditional use/affect ranges for abilities and items, move animation for GUI layouts, combatant links (see this gameplay tutorial for an example use case) and many other new features.

Warning: There have been changes in the inventory and combatant/group abilities background system. This includes changes in how some of the functionality can be accessed via scripting. While save games (i.e. saved inventory and abilities) should be compatible with the changes, there is no 100% guarantee that they are – proceed with caution!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow, a lot of new stuff. Awesome!
    I'll need a nice cup of tea to read through the release notes :D
  • Those new features are great!
  • Thanks again for adding these features. :D
  • I'll probably write a small gameplay tutorial with a combatant link example later today :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • And here's a new gameplay tutorial: Protecting Allies
    A small use case example, using combatant links to create a protect ability, shielding others from damage :)
  • Sounds cook. Hmm. I wonder if I can make shield wall bonus mechanic with that. I'll try that on Monday.
  • edited August 2019
    Is there some specific procedure to follow in order to update? I just updated and lost all my project. Since I use versioning I am supposed to be able to revert, but it currently doesn't work. Even if I revert all the ORK Framework folder to the previous version, my project still loads as empty. Should I try to delete my library folder as well?

When I updated, I had a some files with a yellow triangle beneath saying there was a GUID conflict. I suspect this is related to my problem...

Any hint someone?
    Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • edited August 2019
    Ok, I was able to revert and get my project back! However, I'd like to know what to do to update without losing my data...
  • That's not supposed to happen. Might be that GUID issue.
    Anyway your project data should be in "Assets\ORK Framework\ORKProject.asset", with backups in "Assets\_ORK_Project_Backups"

You could try saving your ORKProject.asset and overwriting it after you update?
  • edited August 2019
    I tried that, but it didn't work. I tried to completely delete my ORK Framework folder before installing the new version and then copy back my ORK project file into the ORK framework folder, but it can't seem to recognize the project file...

What is weird is that after I copy my backuped project file into the ORK folder and I open Unity, if I check in the explorer, it resets my project file to 1 byte, even though it's 873 bytes originally. It keeps wiping it up as soon as I load it!

Ok, so I was finally able to solve my issue. The GUIDs of my files were not the same for whatever reason (my fault). I installed ORK on another project, checked the GUID of the DLLs, and then I used a little program named Find and Replace (http://findandreplace.io/?z=codeplex) to check all the files of my project and update the GUIDs. After that, I updated and everything was fine!

Thanks for the update by the way!
  • Awesome updates!
  • @hellwalker
    If you give me some details on that shield wall I can give you some tips on how to do it :)

@ArsMagika
    I'd always recommend to import ORK via the asset store (or the limited version) - they all have the same GUIDs to ensure updates don't run into issues due to that.
    If you're just copying stuff over, always include the .meta files as well.
  • edited August 2019
    Ah, that would be if combatant has a shield equipped and next to them on a grid is another combatant of the same group with a shield they form a "Shield" wall and receive some form of a bonus. Which could multiply with number of combatants in the same shield wall. (All adjacent to each other with no gaps)
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Hm, I don't think you'll need the combatant link feature for this. You could just do that at the end of your grid move (events), checking the combatants around (e.g. using a Store Grid Cells node to get the combatants based on a battle range template/grid mask).