• 1) No, either write a custom component for that, use animation events (I think this is usually used for stuff like footstep sounds) or a game event that checks the speed and does things afterwards :)

2) Have you already tried it? Using Try should probably work - since there is no running battle, it'd just fire the action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!
    #2 I'll try again. The node did not work for me until I changed few settings in ability and I assumed it was because of the Field/Battle but could have been something else. I'll try to isolate only that setting with working ability.
  • if I normally have the grid battle setup to require player to be spawned with Combatant placement, and in specific battle to auto spawn player without placement.
    Do I just need to change override battle start to Place On Grid All combatants or is there something else I need to do?
    Currently I have Spawn all and Place On Grid All nodes in Start Battle Event, with "Use Deployment" Cells enabled. And I'm experiencing strange issues like combatants don't spawn on their respective cell types. Player spawns on ally type and ally spawns on player deployment cell type.
    Afterward I cannot seem to move player, the grid move command never appears. The Ally AI moves though.
  • Can I use text codes in Show Flying Text node in battle event?
    I tried "#varfloatStatDamageBase# + #varfloatStatArmorDefense#" but it just shows that as text.
  • edited October 2019
    One more question. Just to make sure I got this right. The "Check Grid Distance" node in Battle AI checks the actual path distance to target or simply how many grid cells away it is?
    If latter, how can I check actual path distance? For "Can reach target" check ?
    Or is there a more specialized "Can reach grid target" with MP/AP left considered ?
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Player refers to all members of the player group and Ally to allied factions of the player. It's strange that your player spawns on ally deployment cells, though.

I don't think flying text support text codes.

The Check Grid Distance node doesn't check path distance, only straight distance between the cells. E.g. neighbouring cells have a grid distance of 1.
    There's no separate node to check for path distance - but you can somewhat use the Grid Move node for that, using Direct Move Only (and maybe In Move Range) will only perform the move if it can be reached in this round and continues with Next or Reachable otherwise.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!
    The grid check. That probably won't work for me. I want to check if AI can reach the normal combatants and if not attack the obstacle combatants. Maybe I can copy Grid Move and modify it to just check.
  • Just a thought. Maybe the obstacles don't act as physical barriers (so they don't effect pathfinding) and if the route the opponent takes leads into a barrier they, though a collision event, attack it instead?

They made be exploitable, however.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thanks! But that might create situation where there is only one obstacle left in the path and NPC bumps into it specifically. :D I'll try the grid move event code conversion route.
  • That should still be doable with the Grid Move node. It'll move to the target (i.e. you'd need to first filter the obstacles from them) if possible, otherwise continue with the battle AI (i.e. where you'd attack the obstackle instead).
  • I guess if the decision about movement must be made in this same check it could work. But I'm looking to evaluate several possibilities and then decide. I have more of "Utility AI" approach, than a "Tree" Approach.

• Hm, I'll look into it :)
  • The Grid Move node will get the Can Use Check Only setting like the other action nodes, i.e. only check if there's a path possible.